wheels swap on a 03 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wheels swap on a 03

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
frank1
2005 WK 

wheels swap on a 03

whats the best way to go in changing the wheels on my 03 wrangler-i would like 16'' instead of 15''-was looking at adapters buy have never used them before and their seems to be a lot of used wheel and tire combinations out there off the newer jeep,but they have the larger bolt pattern. looking for some one who has done the swap and any problems that were encountered

frank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Zen
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The best way to go is to buy 16" wheels with your desired bolt pattern and back spacing. Adding a wheel addapter can be safe, but it adds one more (possibly weak) link in the system.

You need to decide what size wheel you need, then find what wheels are available in that specific size. What back spacing are you looking for? What width? Will the desired tire be compatable?

If you want OEM wheels, look for factory Rubicon Moab wheels or knock offs.
Mamba Offroad Alloys R16865S13 - Mamba Offroad Type MR-1 Silver Wheel for Jeep® Vehicles with 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern - Quadratec
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel , tj , wrangler , bolt pattern , swap

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.