Wheel spacers, Are they worth it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wheel spacers, Are they worth it?

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen View Post
A 2" wide spacer wouldn't put any more pressure on things than a wheel with equivalent backspacing.
Just to nit-pic there is that chunk of spacer that is probably thicker than most rims with proper backspacing have. It would add more to the rotational inertia. So putting an aluminum rim with proper backspacing against an aluminum rim with a spacer, the one with the spacer would add more stress to the system if both rims were proportionally the same.
But, not anything I would think would cause near as much as a heavier steel rim in any regard. Sorry to nit-pic.

J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
lancetkenyon
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have run 2" quality aluminum wheel spacers for years with 0 issues. Just like ANY and ALL mods, it just takes a little maintenance to be safe. 4 for $100 is a pretty good deal, I say do it.
lancetkenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have had 2 set's on both of my jeeps and never had a problem i also use blue loc-tite on the hub studs to keep the spacer on but no loc-tite on the wheel studs....
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spacer , spidertrax , wheel spacer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.