wheel about to touch spring on back - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wheel about to touch spring on back

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Brak54

wheel about to touch spring on back

hey guys i was just doing a oil change and like always i just out under the whole jeep to see if anything is lookin messed up or what not.

anyways i was looking and the back driver side tire is like 1/4in from touching part of the spring and the back pass side is like 2-3 inches away what does this mean? i will have pics up in about 5 min
i took a good like at the tire and it never touched it yet so thats good

if this helps i have 33's 10.5 and a 4.5in lift

this is the close one

this is the other side

Last edited by Brak54; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM..
Brak54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
csabo98
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I had a similar problem. When i did my lift i had to put a rear adjustable track bar in even with the relocation bracket. That will re-center your axle with the proper lenth. I also went to new rims so with a different offset later to accomidate 12.5" tires.
csabo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
if this helps i have 33's 10.5 and a 4.5in lift
As csabo said, you need to center your rear axle. Hopefully that 4.5" lift came with an adjustable rear trackbar. If not, time to get one
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Brak54

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabo98 View Post
I had a similar problem. When i did my lift i had to put a rear adjustable track bar in even with the relocation bracket. That will re-center your axle with the proper lenth. I also went to new rims so with a different offset later to accomidate 12.5" tires.
aww man lol how hard is that to do?
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Brak54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
As csabo said, you need to center your rear axle. Hopefully that 4.5" lift came with an adjustable rear trackbar. If not, time to get one
jeeps are never ending i guess ill start lookin for one now
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
aww man lol how hard is that to do?
It's not hard. You can take the less expensive route by simply installing a rear trackbar relocation bracket. The bracket will move the axle back in the opposite direction to what your suspension lift did to it. Like this one RE1603 - TRACK BAR BRACKET TJ REAR W/O - Rubicon Express. Or go with an adjustable length track bar which is a better fix but the relocation bracket will work fine too.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Brak54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
It's not hard. You can take the less expensive route by simply installing a rear trackbar relocation bracket. The bracket will move the axle back in the opposite direction to what your suspension lift did to it. Like this one RE1603 - TRACK BAR BRACKET TJ REAR W/O - Rubicon Express. Or go with an adjustable length track bar which is a better fix but the relocation bracket will work fine too.
Thanks!! You're the man.

Tags
axle , center , centering , rear , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.