Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Whats the difference? (Safari Header Top vs. Safari Bikini Top)

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JoonHoss 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals.
I have a 2002 TJ and am looking to get a Bestop Safari top. I went to Quadratec to order and they have 2 different options. Safari Header Top and Safari Bikini Top. When I click on each they look the same to me.

Can someone explain the differences?

Thanks. Chad

#6 ·
dener77 said:
Hey guys and gals.
I have a 2002 TJ and am looking to get a Bestop Safari top. I went to Quadratec to order and they have 2 different options. Safari Header Top and Safari Bikini Top. When I click on each they look the same to me.

Can someone explain the differences?

Thanks. Chad
If you have the hard top only, I would recommend spending the few extra bucks, and purchasing the header top , and the required header bar.

The header bar installs with two bolts in the slot filled by your hardtop front clips, whereas the window channel (which you would still have to buy seperate, as well)
gets about 6 screws drilled into the top of your windshild frame to install.

#7 ·
The vote seems to be split on which one is "better". Some prefer the drill type which is permanently screwed into the windshield and stays on the Jeep without interfering with the hardtop. Some prefer the no-drill type which clamps to the windshield and can be removed any time. Personal preferences seem to depend on the purpose and usage of the safari top.
The drill header runs about $20 or so while the no-drill header runs about $30 if memory serves me correctly.

#8 ·
Thanks guys. I was mainly curious as to whether I could keep the drill type on with my hardtop, and it sounds like I can. Past events make me hesitant to get the no-drill type as it is one more thing I have to keep track of in my garage of too much stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.