What's the best stuff to use to "Linex" the Interior Floor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What's the best stuff to use to "Linex" the Interior Floor?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
04TJSportRed

What's the best stuff to use to "Linex" the Interior Floor?

Im thinking of taking out my carpet and spraying the interior floor with some of that spray-on bed liner stuff... whats the best to use for the DIY-er? If anyone has done it any tips would be appreciated. thanks

04TJSportRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
jeepteejay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I used Herculiner.
Good stuff. Probably y best $100 mod.
jeepteejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepteejay
I used Herculiner.
Good stuff. Probably y best $100 mod.

Same thing here
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

this question always opens up a can of worms, every one loves the one they used for the most part, those that take the DIY road think others are wasting their money, those that go pro think it was money well spent.

things to remember whatever you choose:

-prep is everything, repeat after me, "prep is everything" air temperature can also matter in some coatings
-the diy options are not the same as the top pro options, they are chemically very different, not just a few more bucks, all options work, just understand what you are getting so that you are not disappointed because you saw a jeep with line-x and expect to replicate the effect with herc, it is just not fully possible

-lastly regardless of what product you choose, think a lot about where you put it, people stop it at very different points and there is a lot of good options , some cover the lip at the bottom of the door or the top of the tub rim, some take the roll-bars off and do underneath it (smart) some do there roll-bars too, at least high enough to go under the padding.

-I would also recommend that you draw a line around what is covered up by your center console before you take it off, i thought it covered up more up front and there for did not cover a area that in hindsight i wished i had, i personally also wish i had done ever more of the door jam, i place my foot on it when i go doorless and having it coated would be nice

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Rivka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
koheed
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Once the temperature breaks into the 60's - 70's here I am going to Herculiner my floor using this write-up: http://www.projectferrari.com/bedliner-how-to.htm
4" SA Skyjacker/BDS Hybrid, 33" MT/R's
Jeeperman Front & Rear Swing-Away Bumpers
Skid Row Engine/Oil Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid
Flowmaster 40
Herculiner
NEXT PROJECT: SYE and CV Drive Shaft
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27018750@N00/"]My Pics[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
koheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.