Whats the best adj. front track bar?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Whats the best adj. front track bar??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
aciani7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Whats the best adj. front track bar??

Hey guys I have a 2000 wrangler need a new track bar 4" lift already installed whats the best adjustable bar to buy? Lookin at the teraflex but let me know what you think

aciani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed the RC one and don't have any complaints. It doesn't hit the front diff cover and seems to be stout enough. The bracket was kinda a pain but overall was pretty easy to install.
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Currie TJJ or TJS model with 2" front bumpstop extension.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I went with the RC and in my opinion it was a PITA to install and I didn't like the design. It drops the TB down and you have to use a dropped pitman arm. I ran that for a couple of months and then went with the Currie. Hands down, the Currie is the way to go. Mounts in the stock location and is beefy as hell.
Unread 02-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The currie is undoubtable the best track bar on the market. On the other hand, not everyone can afford one. As I said, it wasn't the easiest to install, but I think "PITA" is a bit of an overstatement. I'm currently using mine with the stock pitman arm with no bump steer, others may have had to use one though.
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimitedlou View Post
I went with the RC and in my opinion it was a PITA to install and I didn't like the design. It drops the TB down and you have to use a dropped pitman arm. I ran that for a couple of months and then went with the Currie. Hands down, the Currie is the way to go. Mounts in the stock location and is beefy as hell.
My Rough Country track bar's ball joint's seal is bursting with only 20,000 miles on it.(Still smacks into the differential cover.) Going to replace it with a Currie when I have the spare money.
LimeLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe yours is an old design? Mines has no ball joint. It does have a heim on the axle side but if that ever wears out I'll just throw a jj in there.
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
Reno33
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Perhaps the Rubicon Express issue with the Pittman Arm was because the RE1610 (needs dropped Pittman) was accidentally selected, where the RE1600 was called for (requires no drop). I'm picking the 1600 and hope it lives up to the good reputation.
Reno33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno33 View Post
I'm picking the 1600 and hope it lives up to the good reputation.
there is no good reputation for that thin walled wet noodle track bar...
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #10
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
there is no good reputation for that thin walled wet noodle track bar...
Oh jeez. JF is getting ridiculous. The only other thing I've heard referred to as a wet noodle is the Currie steering, and I'm pretty sure that was an exaggeration too.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #11
bigc3031
Leaves nothing stock
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Someone called the Currie steering a wet noodle? Man I guess I have low standards, it's pretty awesome to me.
bigc3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #12
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
Oh jeez. JF is getting ridiculous. The only other thing I've heard referred to as a wet noodle is the Currie steering, and I'm pretty sure that was an exaggeration too.

I helped a friend remove a RE track bar and install a JKS HD (5/8" bolt). The RE could actually be seen flexing & bending when we did the dry steering test....my friend did complain that the "steering was scary".

IIRC, it's 1/8" wall tube? and the heim end is short lived....

mudb8's image from here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...it-fit-738948/

compared that to JKS & Currie using 1/4" wall tube or Metalcloak using solid bar.
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:42 AM   #13
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciani7 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2000 wrangler need a new track bar 4" lift already installed whats the best adjustable bar to buy? Lookin at the teraflex but let me know what you think
I agree that Currie will be a very high quality part but it comes with a price. I am running JKS Adjustable track bars front and rear and I have been very happy with them. No clearance issues and it has held up my 35's with hydro assist. I just recently adjusted mine to get the axle better centered and the adjustable end was rusted into the bar, along with the jamb nut being rusted (gotta love the rust belt). I twisted and turned the bar in a vise for an hour before finally heating it cherry red to break it loose. A little filing to get rid of the pipe wrench marks and a fresh rattle can paint job and it's back in and working great.

I would get the Currie TB if it's in the budget but I have no complaints with my JKS.

-Ryan
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #14
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
I helped a friend remove a RE track bar and install a JKS HD (5/8" bolt). The RE could actually be seen flexing & bending when we did the dry steering test....my friend did complain that the "steering was scary".
Should have made a video, would make it a more convincing story. Don't get me wrong I do like stories. Lol.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #15
kittenmittens
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldnt swap my Currie for anything. but if the JKS TB is as good as the other JKS parts i have used im sure its a great TB
kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable track bar , steering , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.