What your experience with Savvy 3" springs on LJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What your experience with Savvy 3" springs on LJ

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What your experience with Savvy 3" springs on LJ

Who has the Savvy 3" springs on an LJ?

1) How much lift did you get front and rear. If possible please let me know the length of your compressed spring at ride height and how heavy you are.

2) How do the rears handle weight when the LJ is loaded up?

3) Will I need adjustable control arms and adjustable trackbars (height dependant)

I know there is a big thread on the Savvy springs, I have read through it over the last couple of years but don't remember all the details. So I am looking for some LJ specific info. Although experience from TJs would be valuable as well.

Basically I am not currently happy with my current setup and I am considering changing either my springs or my shocks. I have the Rancho 9000s so I figure these might be the best springs to get since they are sold together and others like the combination. However, I don't know the final spring rates so I can't figure out how they will compare to my current setup for carrying weight. Also, I don't know how much lift I should expect front and rear. I've read some are only getting around 2"-2.5" but I wanted to see if thats normal or not. I currently have a 2" lift and like my height. So I'm not really looking for a 3" lift. So I wonder if the Savvys will net too much more lift that I will need adjustable trackbars or control arms or anything else to get setup properly.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No one has any numbers on the Savvy springs? I thought lots of guys had picked these up recently.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a set on the way , but it will be two weeks or so until I can post up anything about them . I will be running mine with OME shocks for now , not sure what direction I will go with those .
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I have a set on the way , but it will be two weeks or so until I can post up anything about them . I will be running mine with OME shocks for now , not sure what direction I will go with those .
Please post when you get them in. I have about 2 weeks to make a decision to get ready for a trip coming up very soon.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It will be about a week before he gets them. Although, they are already broken in so the measurements should be pretty accurate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.