What size tires can i fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What size tires can i fit?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
smsnts
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What size tires can i fit?

I have an '02 tj with the LT tire option, a 1" body lift, 2.5" spacers, 15x8.5 wheels. Currently im riding 31x10.5 but i was thinking about trying to fit 35x12.5. I've seen some stuff about backspacing but was a little confused about it. Could i fit 35s or should i just stick to a 33x12.5?

smsnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

There is a lot more to running big tires than just fitting them. When you say spacers do you mean coil spacers or wheel spacers? If you mean coil spacers than you can probably fit 33s although the width will be a question depending on the backspacing of your wheels. On the other hand if you mean wheel spacers then backspacing and width not a problem, but going to be tight on height. Might be able to pull it off, but extended bumpstops likely important. 35s should not be in your thoughts. Won't fit and lots involved with them (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/i-...-my-tj-751873/).
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
smsnts
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I thought i saw something like that list before but i couldn't find it.
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
smsnts
2002 TJ Wrangler 

And they're spring spacers. I haven't checked how much backspacing i have but it seems like with what I've found my 8's probably have enough.
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

35"s would be a really tight fit and would rub on the smallest bumps. Best not to do it. Even 33"s would be the max for your setup. You need to be more concerned about your gear ratio for any size tire over what you are currently running.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit , lift , size , tires , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.