what OME spring rate should i get? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what OME spring rate should i get?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-26-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
paroxysym
2007 WK 

what OME spring rate should i get?

i know they have 3 different spring ratings(soft, medium, heavy) so what should i get? im a bit of a tankass, well im a big dude at 6'5 and 320. i also lug around a few friends as well. will the soft springs sag more with this weight? im also planning on a winch as well for the front. so what do you recommend? i usually have 4 people in the jeep plus so gear. i also have a soft-top. so what do you suggest?

Unread 04-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
TJinWV
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I went with heavy front and back. More lift for the bux. You (and I) may get some front-end sag with the winch and soft top, though. I don't have mine installed yet. But I do have 3/4" spacers to balance things back out if I need 'em.
Unread 04-26-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
TJ_with_Tusks

go with the heavy, for sure. I ordered mine, got the LJ (unlimited) heavy springs. they are even stiffer than the HD TJ springs. I am running a soft top now, but will be putting on rock bumpers front and rear, and a winch on the front. Soft springs and usually for stock jeeps with softtops, mostly on road driving. I went through Dirk at DPGoffroad.com. He recommended my setup.
33" BFG AT's, OME HD lift, front airbag suspension, teralow 4:1 kit & supershort shaft kit, TW CV shaft, 4.10 gears, JKS body lift, track bars and quicker disconects, Warn 9.5ti, warn front bumper, garvin wilderness rack, and solid cast aluminum tusks,
TJ_with_Tusks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.