what length shock RC 2.5" w/teraflex bar pin eliminator? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what length shock RC 2.5" w/teraflex bar pin eliminator?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
jalbs

what length shock RC 2.5" w/teraflex bar pin eliminator?

Well the stock bar pin broke and it is a really bad design. I was shocked to see how weak it was. Anyways I have RC 2.5" kit and hate the RC shocks and will need smaller shocks anyways(Due to bar pin eliminator). Any ideas on the length and a popular shock brand that is not stiff.

Currie HD steering
JKS Front/Rear track bars
JKS quick discos
jalbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The brand depends on your budget.
Jeep shock absorber application guide - Quadratec
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like my Skyjacker Hydros. Designed for 1" - 3" lift. Should work with your set-up, but be sure to chekc the bumpstops!
Red Jeep Club Member #565
My Registry Profile

WTB: UnderCover Fab No-Body Lift Skid Plate
WTB: Rokmen or Currie Control Arms
↑ PM me!

Ever had Death Wobble? Please respond to the poll here!
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbs View Post
Well the stock bar pin broke and it is a really bad design. I was shocked to see how weak it was. Anyways I have RC 2.5" kit and hate the RC shocks and will need smaller shocks anyways(Due to bar pin eliminator). Any ideas on the length and a popular shock brand that is not stiff.
There's nothing wrong with the stock bar pins. The problem is improper Bumpstops.

since you have a 1.25" BL, use these.... TJ Wrangler Rear Upper Shock Adapter and Relocator | TeraFlex Suspensions
with a 13.5-14.5" collapsed length shock.... the 13.5" collapsed length, 9" travel, OME N67 shock will need about 3/4" bumpstop extensions with the tera relocators and and about 2" bumpstop extension with OME N67L 14.5" collapsed length, 10" travel. The OME bushings are a PITA to deal with when using bar pin eliminator type mounts BTW, due to the bushings and you'll need to loose the metal dust shields.

The collapsed length is the important number to know about the shock length.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
There's nothing wrong with the stock bar pins. The problem is improper Bumpstops.

since you have a 1.25" BL, use these.... TJ Wrangler Rear Upper Shock Adapter and Relocator | TeraFlex Suspensions
with a 13.5-14.5" collapsed length shock.... the 13.5" collapsed length, 9" travel, OME N67 shock will need about 3/4" bumpstop extensions with the tera relocators and and about 2" bumpstop extension with OME N67L 14.5" collapsed length, 10" travel. The OME bushings are a PITA to deal with when using bar pin eliminator type mounts BTW, due to the bushings and you'll need to loose the metal dust shields.

The collapsed length is the important number to know about the shock length.
Curious how you get 3/4" bumpstop with the Teraflex upper TJ relocators. They gain you about an inch(claimed). Stock shocks are 12.2" roughly collapsed. The N67's are 13.2" collasped roughly....thats an inch longer. Technically you wouldn't need to bumpstop at all if you can a full inch from those relocators.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.