What exactly does error code 55 mean? (completion of fault code display on the CEL) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What exactly does error code 55 mean? (completion of fault code display on the CEL)

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What exactly does error code 55 mean? (completion of fault code display on the CEL)

I just had my PCM replaced and a day later the jeep is acting up again, like it did before. but this time it actually displayed two codes.
code 12- which means battery disconnect- direct battery input to the pcm was disconnected within the last 50 key on cycles.

and

code 55- N/A- completion of fault code display on the CEL

does 12 basically mean that the battery cable was disconnected from PCM, like when they disconnected the old and installed the new?

and I have no idea what 55 means? there are more issues with vehicle than able to display? i dont know.

but anyways I decided to check the codes because it takes a couple key on's to turn the jeep over. then when it does it doesn't start up strong.

Unread 11-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Yes and no.
12 is the cable was disconnected recently.
55 means there are no problems.
Unread 11-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #3
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

55 means end of codes. No more codes stored. Problem codes, if any, will have been displayed before that.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, thanks. well since the PCM was the issue before and displayed no codes I believe its possible its happening again. just this time I'm catching it before its completely dead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.