what else do i need to buy with my lift kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what else do i need to buy with my lift kit?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Utfan010
2004 TJ Wrangler 

what else do i need to buy with my lift kit?

im buying a 1.5 body lift and 2.5 suspension lift from rough country, what else am i gonna need to make it work, i know i should probably buy a steering stabilizer but any other suggestions?

Unread 07-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
Mousejockey
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Something nice for your wife/GF. This way they associate Jeep funds with your showing them affection.
Mousejockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

get a mml(motor mount lift) to take away vibes and so you don't need to cut the fan shroud. RC sells them for $55.
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejockey View Post
Something nice for your wife/GF. This way they associate Jeep funds with your showing them affection.
OK so does this mean that I should buy something nice for my husband? For the same reason?
HDHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking at the rough country 3.25" lift kit, which is 2.5" coils and .75" spacers. What else do I need to complete the lift? Besides something for my hubby!
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDHD View Post
I've been looking at the rough country 3.25" lift kit, which is 2.5" coils and .75" spacers. What else do I need to complete the lift? Besides something for my hubby!
Get a 1" mml to take away driveshaft vibrations caused from the lift. It may or may not take away all of the vibes, but it will definately reduce them more than doing nothing at all.
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Jay, what about a steering stabilizer?
Unread 07-10-2010, 02:28 AM   #8
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDHD View Post
You'll need the RC rear trackbar bracket and an adjustable front trackbar if you'd like your axles to be centered under your Jeep. You'll also need 2" bumpstop extensions on front and rear if you'd like to increase your articulation and remove the ability of your shocks to bottom out.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.