What do you use to clean your interior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What do you use to clean your interior

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-06-2003, 09:04 PM   #1
AirborneSilva

What do you use to clean your interior

I am looking for a produt to get some stuborn dirt and grime off my interior. The person who had my new toy before I did was not into cleaning too much... Thanks for any and all tips - product info...

Aloha

04 Rubicon, Stone White w/all options, RE 4.5" superflex, 1" BL & 1" MML, Custom Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper w/swing out tire carrier, Custom Rock Rails w/steps, Mile Marker 12K winch/w Amsteel Blue synthetic line, 15X8 Black Rock crawler wheels w/35X12.5 Pro Comp Mudders, 800 watt power inverter. York OBA.
AirborneSilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 06:49 AM   #2
bigmatt
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Try oxyclean,it works very well on fabric,you will be surprised.

03 TJ sport, stock 4.0.dana 44 ,red w/black hardtop

2001 XJ Sport, stock 4.0L 130.000miles,soon to have new motor.)0331 head issue.
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 08:38 AM   #3
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

maybe a vacuum might work....haha just kidding
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #4
Jeepkreep

cleaning

I just tried those armor all cleaning wipes. They worked real well on the vinyl seats and dash. As far as the carpet, a vacuum and some Woolite spray shampoo gets out the nasty ****. What that won't, I take the carpet and hose it down! It'll dry in the sun in about 4 hours...
Unread 06-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
AirborneSilva

Thanks, I did buy those armor all cleaning wipes for my wife when she got her new car, maybe I 'll give them a shot.
04 Rubicon, Stone White w/all options, RE 4.5" superflex, 1" BL & 1" MML, Custom Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper w/swing out tire carrier, Custom Rock Rails w/steps, Mile Marker 12K winch/w Amsteel Blue synthetic line, 15X8 Black Rock crawler wheels w/35X12.5 Pro Comp Mudders, 800 watt power inverter. York OBA.
Unread 06-07-2003, 12:34 PM   #6
Seirpin

Take the top off, remove the doors and drive it to your nearest carwash... J/K
I use mothers dash protectant
Oxiclean for the carpet, (if im feeling really crazy) Usually dont get that far after I wash it the top comes off and then the doors and at that point I cant stand it I have to go for a drive......
K&N filter, Tornado, Hi-lift jack, Swaybar disco's

85 CJ7 almost bone stock. its my project, In a constant state of modification.
Seirpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 01:36 PM   #7
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I take the top and doors off (sometimes), remove the carpeting, and go to the local coin-op carwash. Then I get INSIDE with the high-pressure soapy sprayer and go to work... under the seats, footwells, padding on the rollbars, seats, console... no I am not kidding. I just avoid spraying the dash with direct high pressure soapy water but that's not to say I worry much about the dash area getting wet. Then the high-pressure sprayer is turned on the carpeting laying on the ground and it does a highly effective job at rinsing the dirt out.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 01:46 PM   #8
AirborneSilva

I JUST got done taking everything out of the inside except the two front seats, I wanted to shampoo the carpets and rear seat with the bissel (I'm almost positive they have never been cleaned). I will be turning the hose on the inside as well.

Taking out the front carpeting on the passenger side brought up a question; there was moisture under the carpeting, any idea where that may have come from? I do run my AC pretty much 24/7 due to my local, so is it possibly leaking water into the passenger compartment?

Thanks and Aloha
Unread 06-07-2003, 04:58 PM   #9
JeepTodd

Simple green works real good also on the carpet and vinyl parts. Also try baby wipes for the dash and door panels for the real hard stuff. You would be surprised what the baby wipes take off.
Unread 06-07-2003, 05:01 PM   #10
AirborneSilva

Never in a million years would I have thought of baby wipes I will have to give them a shot, thanks for the tip...
Unread 06-07-2003, 08:23 PM   #11
u4ea

Man I miss Hawaii =|

Just had to say that...

Ahui Ho KaKo - Aloha
'03 Sahara - Sienna Pearl Coat - 5 spd
'04 VW Touareg
u4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 11:57 PM   #12
AirborneSilva

Hawaii is No Kaoi..... I live on Oahu but the big island (Kona), is mo bettah
Unread 06-08-2003, 01:56 AM   #13
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

I found simple green with a bristle brush works well with vinyl. Removes allot of grease and dirt, even pulls out the grime in the texture on the center console. Everything looks new again.

I will have to try the baby wipe thing now.. I have a stockpile of them, been finding more uses for them than the kid!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.