what do you think of this? picts. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what do you think of this? picts.

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-10-2005, 06:22 AM   #1
lucasinpsj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

what do you think of this? picts.

what does any one know about rock krowler lift kits? it looks like a good, solid, lift kit for my unlimited. i found it at telico4x4.com. it is 4".

Unread 10-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
bondo303

I like the RockKrawler kits and I almost got the one you are looking at. I can't answer any questions about it but Hipper (he is a vendor on this board) knows a lot about them. He has one on his TJ (long arm kit). Send him a PM, I am sure he can answer your questions and maybe even cut you a deal on the kit.

48 CJ2A
bondo303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
lucasinpsj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

thanks bondo303. ill send hipper a pm.
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #4
cincytj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasinpsj
what does any one know about rock krowler lift kits? it looks like a good, solid, lift kit for my unlimited. i found it at telico4x4.com. it is 4".

does this bolt to the inside or outside of the diff cover? It looks like a constant issue with a leaking diff cover to me. I would ask how they toleranced this to keep that joint tight and the clamp on to the tubes.
knoblock rear bumper, OBA in process,
bestop tire carrier, 35-12.5-16 trXus MT's on MOABs with 1.25 spidertrax
Currie HD steering
Nth Degree 6" LA kit. Garvin Wilderness Rack w/hi-lift mnt
HEMI & 5spd Auto
cincytj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
bondo303

Hey cincy, I almost got this kit and after research I found out that you can get a weld in cradle instead of the bolt on. I was concerned about the probability of the diff leaking too. The weld in cradle is probably much stronger as well. To answer your question, it mounts between the housing and the diff cover.

48 CJ2A
bondo303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #6
Bucket110

i have the RK tri-link upgrade and am going to be getting their la's very shortly...waiting on a shipping quote. also my best friend is running the full 5.5" LA kit. so i should be able to help alittle.

the bolt on cradle is ok. as long as you make a good seal between the differential and the truss there should be no leaks. but i unfortunately messed up the seal and have leaks everytime i change my fluid...easy solution...lots and lots of rtv. but if im not mistaken RK is getting rid of the bolt on cradle and offering the weld in one instead...or i know you can get it for around $50 as an upgrade. its well worth it in my opinion.

Rk has had some bad press in the past, im sure you will hear about it eventually. But now under new management and with 2 lift kits out since then they are a very good alternative to RE and the other big names. The owner is a great guy and is willing to work with anybody. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me directly.

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/2k2blktj]My Jeep[/URL]
Bucket110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
wherndon
What the hell?

When I bought my Rubi, it was a toss up between the RE SF anf the Rock Krawler. Ultimately I did not like the differential mount and was thinking about the weld-on brackets.
In the end I chose the RE because I was afraid that if I started welding on diff, and axle tubes, that I might have some serious factory warranty issues.
Other than that I think it's a good system.
Bil
'05 Rubi, Patriot Blue, RE SF, Antirock, Warn, Fabtech, Tomken

wherndon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
lucasinpsj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

bucket110. how is the ride on the sa kits. i know the shocks are heckthorn(junk) , but i plan on buying ome lt shocks.
Unread 10-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #9
xyz123
Super Senior Member

the Rockkrawler stuff is very good! a couple of people in our group run the long arm kits; very heavy duty; lifetime warranty (I think); I've handled many of the parts, prior to installation; its good stuff!

One guy out of the group is upgrading to unimog axles and will be installing a different RK kit; he's trying to sell me his old kit; the only reason I've not purchased it yet, is I'm torn about lifting my rig; my favorite thing to do is take the top off and ride old forestry service roads; I don't really need the lift for that (plus tree limbs tend to hang a little low at times);

I'm not much a "rock crawler" kinda guy (I'll expect much grief over that comment, but I'm just being honest).

but anyway, don't hesitate to purchase Rockkrawler; a friend (with a jeep and a tire store) liked it so much, he became the only dealer in Arkansas (I think) to sell their product; he doesn't sell any other off-road product (other than tires).
xyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
lucasinpsj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

any one else?
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #11
Bucket110

im running RE coils and control arms. the only RK stuff i have is the steering and the tri-link in the rear. but i have riden in my friends jeep and the ride is a little stiff but that is mostly the shocks. the coils are really soft and flex like none other. the shocks that come in the LA kit maybe a little stiff but fit the kit well. with a shock like the OME you will have an interesting ride in my opinion. soft shocks with soft springs is going to lead to a lot of sway.

Unread 10-11-2005, 06:18 AM   #12
lucasinpsj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

good point. thanks
Unread 10-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #13
TakeTwo

Hi Guys,

I run a 5.5" Rockcrawler Long Arm in Australia. I have the weld on truss on the back.

Without going into to much detail I can tell you that I had some issues with the front end. Panhard rods would give out and the diff would move from side to side. (interesting experience when driving down a freeway) This may have been due to some left hand drive to right hand drive issues (torsion bar on opposite side). In my opinion the forcefull movement from left to right also cause a control arm mount to bend. This caused the left front wheel to sit back 2" from where it should be and caused damage to drive shafts, transfer case and a number of other things

I have replaced the Rockcrawler front end with an RE setup.

I have also had a problem with the universal joint in the rear, at this stage im not sure if it is caused by overflex, pinion angles or if it was just time for the universal joint as we now, universal joints are often a problem anyway. (running a JB conversions super short shaft with a HA tail shaft)

This has been my experiance so far however these things as I say may be a problem with left to right hand conversion, or setup rather than the kit itself.
TakeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #14
CreightonRea07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket110
im running RE coils and control arms. the only RK stuff i have is the steering and the tri-link in the rear. but i have riden in my friends jeep and the ride is a little stiff but that is mostly the shocks. the coils are really soft and flex like none other. the shocks that come in the LA kit maybe a little stiff but fit the kit well. with a shock like the OME you will have an interesting ride in my opinion. soft shocks with soft springs is going to lead to a lot of sway.
How do you like the tri-link? Did it help the roll steer that occurs w/ a locked rear end and does it flex good. I am looking at either the Rock Krawler Tri-link or the Nth Degree Stinger.

2000 TJ Sport
Dana 44
4.0L 5-speed
33x12.50 bfg Muds
MORE sport cage
re 4.5 w/ 3.5 springs
[URL=http://www.tamor.org/members-rigs/Creighton-Rea]Pics[/URL]

Little Brother:
'92 Cherokee Laredo
Stock but soon to be lifted
235/75 BFG All-terrains
lots of dings and scratches
CreightonRea07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #15
Bucket110

I love it....you get a ton of rear steer when flexing but its amazing. i can drop the a 35" tire a good 1-2" out of the wheel well with the sway bar hooked up. out of all the tri-link upgrades for the rear the RK is my favorite.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.