What do you think of the MetalCloak Bumper? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What do you think of the MetalCloak Bumper?

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

What do you think of the MetalCloak Bumper?

EDIT: Here is a pic of the original MetalCloak Frame Built Modular Bumper System that this thread refers to.

Thanks!

Matsonian

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak

Last edited by matsonian; 10-20-2009 at 07:38 PM..
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

$765 for a winch plate, shackles, and a hoop?
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

yeah way over priced
SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
rubicon1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

Are U Crazy Thats About The Same Price As Road Armors Front Bumper
SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon1000 View Post
yeah way over priced

x2......I agree.....its a bit over priced....especially when in the downturn people are coming out with cheaper bumpers

I gotta say though, it looks bad ***

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think its ugly, what are the bars sticking out from the front for? I hopes its not for looks.

Everyone here is going to have opinions,

sell alot of them = people like it
dont sell alot = people dont like it

pretty simple.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Thank you for the ongoing feedback!

Here is another view... without the hoop...

Unread 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
BloodThirsty
Hoosier

2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's ok. It's different from anything I've seen. That may help you some.
BloodThirsty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

can u put a high lift jack under the rings and jack the jeep up? if not i would say take them off they are pointless just showing u one more reason why its a very expensive winch mount plate with a tube hoop
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon1000 View Post
can u put a high lift jack under the rings and jack the jeep up? if not i would say take them off they are pointless just showing u one more reason why its a very expensive winch mount plate with a tube hoop
Absolutely you can!!! Our shackles are DIRECTLY bolted to the frame, not just welded or bolted to a piece of the bumper, making them MUCH stronger.

The engineering on this was about incredible strength where needed without all the flash and extra sheet metal of those urban warfare types.

Unread 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just checked the site, and the pricing is outrageous... I'm sorry, but I work with stainless all day, and although it is a pricey material, your site has the list price of the complete bumper set at $956?! What grade stainless are you using, and is the tubing also stainless, or only the main section of the bumper? Almost $1,000 for a front bumper is absolutely crazy, a full cage built with DOM tubing is around $700 - $1300..... Stainless steel isn't THAT expensive of a material.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think this was the reaction that they were hoping for......
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
I just checked the site, and the pricing is outrageous... I'm sorry, but I work with stainless all day, and although it is a pricey material, your site has the list price of the complete bumper set at $956?! What grade stainless are you using, and is the tubing also stainless, or only the main section of the bumper? Almost $1,000 for a front bumper is absolutely crazy, a full cage built with DOM tubing is around $700 - $1300..... Stainless steel isn't THAT expensive of a material.
At the current market, stainless is around 350% percent higher than HRPO.
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

sorry to say it, but I was expecting WAY WAY more from you guys.

You have such revolutionary and eye catching fenders, yet this bumper looks awful, the front hoops don't provide any foreseeable benefit to my type of wheeling. The thing is way to wide and WAY over priced.

Hopefully you can bring the price down and do a little redesign work to make it more appealing to the masses.
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #15
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm unable to decide. I'll need you to send me a free one to put on my 97 TJ so I can get some local feedback and give you a useful answer. Feel free to PM for my shipping address.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.