What do you guys do with your nuts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What do you guys do with your nuts?

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 10-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
tmwoodall
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What do you guys do with your nuts?

Ok so my doors were virign to being off until lately where they are off every day except when I am babysitting. Do you guys just toss the retaining nuts in the glove box or actually put them on every time?

tmwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
lostatsea346
2006 LJ Wrangler 

toss em....you dont need them and you cant take the door off if its locked.....i would only keep them if you plan of selling it down the road...but why would u do that???

Once you go black, you dont go back
lostatsea346 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
TERPS
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I threw my nuts away. Who needs em. Only get you in trouble anyway.
TERPS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
bradleyfitz

Mine sit in the garage until it's time to put the hard top on. I put the nuts on during winter 'cause I won't be taking the doors off repeatedly.
98 Sahara, hp44/hp60, warn 5x5.5 premium hub conversion, 4.88, arb's, hydro assist, RE 4.5 SF /w 3.5 springs, Novak / Teraflex SS SYE, currie anti-rock, JKS 1.25" BL, 36" bias iroks, PSC Tube fenders /w 3" flare, PSC Ricochet Rockers, custom rear bumper, btf front bumper / winch plate, warn 9.5ti, full cage, TwistedStitch seats, RCI-2161a fuel cell
bradleyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
IlliniJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Mine are in a little Snack size ziplock bag at the bottom of my center console. Just so that I know where they are if I ever need them for some strange reason, but they haven't seen the light of day in over 3 years...
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine are in the center console, although I had some trouble rolling up the back window due to cooler temps this weekend, so it might be time to put them back on as I don't see myself going doorless anymore this year...

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
BigJeepJay

I just ofund mine the other day in a pair of Jeans...they are now sitting on the bedpost.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i either throw them in cupholder, or put them in a bag in the center console

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #9
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

glovebox for 1 year, never put them back on after the first time.

Unread 10-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #10
leonw
2002 WJ 

Glovebox, until winter, then they go back on to protect the exposed threads.

If you're married, your wife will keep them in her purse.
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My door hinge nuts have been in my hardware box for ten years now. My wife owns my other nuts.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #12
tmwoodall
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well yea I figured our ladies all had our less important parts locked up. I know my gf has mine, but if not for her my bank account would be negative 350 but my jeep would be much farther along.

On the door hinge ones that is what i suspected. Thanks guys I will find a nice cup to put them in until november.
tmwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #13
crawl1n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think mine are in the miscellaneous nuts and bolts bin since I broke two of the studs when I took the doors off for the first time.
crawl1n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
fisher836
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine are in my cup holder. I'm not sure why, I haven't used my nuts for some time now. I guess I'm just waiting for a nice, clean spot to put them, somewhere I can remember.
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #15
ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfitz
Mine sit in the garage until it's time to put the hard top on. I put the nuts on during winter 'cause I won't be taking the doors off repeatedly.

i run without doors quite a bit in winter with hardtop on peeps give some strange looks but what the heck if its not snowing and the sun is out just wear a parka and crank the heat
ute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.