What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 999 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #14971
AlTheKillerr

yesterday i got my jeep into the shop to figure out what was wrong with it. we pulled the diffs and they checked out however the place i took it to up in colorado after i had my super 35 put in was suppose to change out the fluid after the 500 mile mark. well they didnt and the fluid was pitch black. lucky we checked that and changed out the fluids. after that we checked the drive shafts to see if they were causing the shudder. the back was fine. it had no up/down or left/right movement. it did turn a fraction but nothing to worry about. when we got to the front it was they same thing but it had a TON of turn to it. wasnt sure if that was something normal so we pulled it off and test drove it. didnt change a thing. so we learned for sure that it is the tranny that needs to be rebuilt so we will start that on monday. itll only cost about 300 bucks

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #14972
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
yesterday i got my jeep into the shop to figure out what was wrong with it. we pulled the diffs and they checked out however the place i took it to up in colorado after i had my super 35 put in was suppose to change out the fluid after the 500 mile mark. well they didnt and the fluid was pitch black. lucky we checked that and changed out the fluids. after that we checked the drive shafts to see if they were causing the shudder. the back was fine. it had no up/down or left/right movement. it did turn a fraction but nothing to worry about. when we got to the front it was they same thing but it had a TON of turn to it. wasnt sure if that was something normal so we pulled it off and test drove it. didnt change a thing. so we learned for sure that it is the tranny that needs to be rebuilt so we will start that on monday. itll only cost about 300 bucks :D
300 bucks.....how do you manage that?
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #14973
AlTheKillerr

because we are rebuilding it ourselves so its just parts we are paying for at dealer prices
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #14974
scottman
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ordered my BodyArmor Rockcrawler Side Guards...
scottman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #14975
tehub
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Added new 31' Maxxiz Buckshots and 16 inch rims.
tehub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #14976
scooterchef
1997 TJ Wrangler 

went to a 930 acre off-road park and got STUCK!!! it was awesome!! did a little damage in the process, oh well, just a small part of owning a jeep
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
scooterchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #14977
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
because we are rebuilding it ourselves so its just parts we are paying for at dealer prices
Any idea what all you're going to rebuild inside it?
Unread 12-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #14978
04jeep-randy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I installed my windshield light brackets and 6" round lights. Now all I have to do is the wiring. Haven't figured out just how I want it done. Maybe next weekend I'll light'em up. Randy
04jeep-randy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #14979
badoosh27
2001 TJ Wrangler 

changed my clutch yesterday, only problem was i stripped the head on one of the reverse star bolts at the top of the bell housing. I can't believe how better and smoothly it shifts. i bought my clutch off of amazon for 86 bucks, but the price has since gone up to 100. btw, it was under the brand new generation, but the clutch itself says Luk on it, so go figure

[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634280[/url]
badoosh27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #14980
XJnMTB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, glad you guys like the wheels, I think they look f'n bad azz. Just have to get the washers under the steering stops now...

Anyway, today I installed the bike fork mounts I made for my rack (which still need paint, but I wanted to test 'em).

....complete with ski bikes
Unread 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #14981
teamoney
2003 TJ Wrangler 

sweet. those look great

i would never buy a bike rack for a suv but for real cheap or free i would probably put them up there.
teamoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #14982
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

All "this weekend"...

Removed Hanson Bumper/Winch (in prep for ORO Swayloc)
Removed RE Gen 2 Disco's (installed on Buddy's Rig)
Installed ORO Swayloc, Reinstalled bumper (need to re-wire winch and Fog Lights)

Removed Front Calipers, Knuckles, etc... Replaced all 4 front Ball Joints (prep for Vanco install whenever they finally show up, and the bottom 2 were shot anyhow)

Ripped out T-Case Shifter (Prep for Novak Install), but still need to remove RE Belly Pan to remove the rest of the OEM Bracket and Linkage)...

Removed Currie HD Steering Tie-Rod (was installed backwards by shop), Drag-link (need to put some Extra Bend into it)

So it's sitting on stands, front end basically "gutted", waiting for Vanco's to show up, and reinstall of Currie HD Steering, and I might toss in a Hockey Puck bump stop while I have everything out of there already...

SW2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #14983
BaystateTJ97
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Took it snow wheelin, finished up my buddies Kc slimlites on the windshield brackets. One bolt wouldn't come out and we just couldn't get enough leverage so we didn't want to strip it out. Anyways, all that's left to do after we get that one bolt is connect the wire to the battery, plug in the switch (already mounted and wires ran) put the lights on the brackets and plug them in.
Vote for your freedom back on November 6, 2012.
BaystateTJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #14984
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaystateTJ97 View Post
Took it snow wheelin, finished up my buddies Kc slimlites on the windshield brackets. One bolt wouldn't come out and we just couldn't get enough leverage so we didn't want to strip it out. Anyways, all that's left to do after we get that one bolt is connect the wire to the battery, plug in the switch (already mounted and wires ran) put the lights on the brackets and plug them in.
Where'd ya go??? Maybe I shouldn't ask...

POST up on SSW!!!
I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
rroadkilll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #14985
BaystateTJ97
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just on a small short trail in my buddies neighborhood wouldn't call it wheelin exactly but there's a nice little hill that's fun to mess around on, nothin serious, just seein how my tires will hold up in the snow, i'll snap a few pics next time i'm there. It was more for a "romantic drive in the woods after the first snow" for my girlfriend.
Vote for your freedom back on November 6, 2012.
BaystateTJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.