Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#19,941 ·
I installed Hella Supertones, replacing the 11 year old super wimpy horn on the TJ!

And no, the horns aren't touching each other. If I blow a horn fuse I'll add a relay, but it will stay wired in as it came from the factory until that happens.

#19,945 ·
I built a rear storage box...

A full write-up, build pictures and plans can be found at my site:
http://www.dangrec.com/?p=467

Please post comments/questions on my site, I probably won't check back here.

-Dan

#19,947 ·
Got everything ready to start the install! Had the tires mounted yesterday so they're ready to go. All the parts are out - I'm stoked!! Hopefully this time next week it will be done.

Also bought a hi-lift jack off craigslist for 25 bucks - was missing the handle. I went to the local scrap metal yard got two 30" pieces of 1.25" diameter solid rebar for 10 buck and ground down the grooves on one end so it fits in the handle adapter on the jack. Looks sweet especially with the grooves from the rebar acting as a handgrip. I just have to make sure it doesn't fly back on me 'cause that's a lot of weight (tested it out a couple times and hasn't yet - think it's actually too much weight to make it dangerous which is kinda nice)

#19,948 ·

Attachments

#19,950 ·
spent alot money today with no real plan in mind.....

i bought 4 Moabs wrapped with 33 in Yokohama M/T's
then i got 4 spidertrax wheel spacers.
and two skyjacker grab handles.
4 husky liners (two front, two back)
a vent replacement dual switch pod.

now im not sure what to do next... as much as i want to run the 33's i dont think i can and i dont have the money to lift it now. but im thinking about pulling those and buying stock rubi tires (31's) and putting them on my new acquired moabs!
these look awesome and wish i had the money to lift and regear!!! Who wants to sponser.. lol

and the funky switch pod..

#19,955 ·
hey please clear this up for the guys at home...those NAPA Super Strength U-Joints from Precision U-Joint. Are they made in the USA? I could have sworn they said so on the box.