What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 997 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 12-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #14941
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToca View Post
before and after painting the flares. paint isn't completely dry yet as you can tell in the pictures

did you park it downtown during the UT A&M game? i saw a tj just like that

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #14942
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygod73 View Post
Installed the GPS I bought used on ebay. I made a small wooden base, covered it with velcro, made 2 small brackets to attach it to the GPS mounting plate, and screwed it all down in the center tray. Nice and sturdy! The 12v cord is hidden up to the unit.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/564928790BvwXUn
Looking good! Did you have to remove the dash to get that cable through? I put my 29Mhz radio there when I need it - also with velcro in the little tray and underneath the radio's mounting bracket - but I still have to route the antenna and power cables properly. ATM they just hang over the dash. When I remove the radio I just put that little rubber mat back in the tray and you can hardly see that there should be something.
stadleroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #14943
mud n rox
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Installed new CB antenna and got it tuned. The firestix I had used for so long was starting to come apart. Now I have a new Wilson 4ft and it sounds so much better than it did with the firestix.

Caution: Rock and a hard place just ahead.

[/FONT][/I][/B]
mud n rox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #14944
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Firestik's suck. everyone breaks them, since they have no give. I like Wilson's because they are flexy...of course you CAN still snap it at the base if you really get it on something.
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #14945
TonyToca
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
did you park it downtown during the UT A&M game? i saw a tj just like that
nah, was parked in the garage. don't take the TJ downtown, i usually take my pathfinder.
TonyToca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #14946
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Picked up my christmas present. 4 lower fixed control arms and 4 upper adj. arms, all RE, for 300$. Need two new superflex joints, and a new bushing so that'll be another 200$ into them. Also cleaned them and picked up 3 cans of Silver Rustoleum Hammered paint to give them a little makeover. I hope painting over the powdercoat will be okay.
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #14947
BaystateTJ97
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Started the wiring on my buddies TJ for his KC slimlights on windshield mounts, couldn't get all the bolts out of the windshield hinges so we're going to go at them with a breaker bar tomorrow, but we got all the wires ran and got the switch mounted up. Will take some pics tomorrow when it's all said and done
Vote for your freedom back on November 6, 2012.
BaystateTJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #14948
skygod73
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
Looking good! Did you have to remove the dash to get that cable through? I put my 29Mhz radio there when I need it - also with velcro in the little tray and underneath the radio's mounting bracket - but I still have to route the antenna and power cables properly. ATM they just hang over the dash. When I remove the radio I just put that little rubber mat back in the tray and you can hardly see that there should be something.

Thanks. I ran it under the center bezel and through a hole next to the radio and up through the defrost vents. The bezel has 1 screw on the bottom and 2 on the top under the defrost vent which is held down with clips. That rubber mat is great for covering holes!

[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73[/url]
skygod73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #14949
skygod73
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I changed the oil and filter today with minimal spillage!

[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73[/url]
skygod73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 06:43 AM   #14950
mud n rox
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Installed new valve cover and gasket. Changed oil and filter.

Caution: Rock and a hard place just ahead.

[/FONT][/I][/B]
mud n rox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #14951
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Put a wreath on the grill.
rikkards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #14952
IronManVa
SandSurfer

went to a park clean up that my culb does, hung with my jeepers

OH and threw on some 35x12.50 KM2s
rubikm2s.jpg  
www.jeeporvis.com ... www.jeepartist.com ... www.kmaoffroad.org Virginia Beach ... www.obxbreakers.comOff season Jeeper Deals

Last edited by IronManVa; 12-06-2008 at 02:33 PM..
IronManVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #14953
McDanger
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I put my soft top and doors on for the winter. Hated it. So I took it all back off.
McDanger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #14954
crashdnt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yanked off the wheels and tires, pulled the axle shafts, and removed the carrier. Getting ready to lincoln the broken trac-loc until I can get enough donuts for a selectable locker and gears. SANTA if you're out there, we NEED to talk!!
[COLOR="seagreen"]l---L [/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"][/COLOR][COLOR="LemonChiffon"][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR="seagreen"]lllllll[/COLOR][COLOR="LemonChiffon"][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]-[/COLOR]
()_)-()_)-[COLOR="Red"]o[/COLOR]-)_)

Last edited by crashdnt; 12-06-2008 at 05:02 PM..
crashdnt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #14955
alecmcmahon

installed my atoz rocker on the driver side ( spent the rest of the day beating out body damage on the pass side -- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/advice-straighting-body-damage-pass-rocker-area-644730/ )

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.