Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#19,801 ·
Doors and top off since 7 am... just bombed home from a "hick town" bout 11 at night, Godsmack blaring, Hellas crankin, it was good!

#19,804 ·
Bad boy! Younger or older than yours? :rofl:
a year older :shhh: dont tell...

i really really liked it actually... it had an NP 242 selectrac so i can have it in 4x4 on dry ground without explosions, it was comfortable, it was roomy, it was powerful, it was quiet, but you could still feel the ol' jeep spirit coming through.

debating, debating......

#19,808 ·
Got these from Brown Dog a couple days ago.

Painted them black (not a fan of yellow).

These are replacing my Daystar poly bushing ones. Brown Dog ones are rubber bushing.

Also got:

That now nicely fills the gap in my existing bumper:

Ran out of day light (being winter here). I will be installing the control box under the hood. This is the best place I can think, any ideas welcome.

Of course mine being a RHD unit, battery cables are not long enough. Our battery is where brake booster is in one the US models. So the electrical connections will be left for next week when I can get an auto electrician to do nice terminals on new cables.

#19,810 ·
Yesterday, ground rust off my frame and repainted it. Also cleaned mud out of the frame rails and discovered water was pooling inside because there are no drain holes. So I drilled 1/4" drain holes in the bottom on each side.

Today, cut my 4" extended front sway bar links down to size and re-welded them together. This is because I am no longer running any lift. :shhh:

#19,811 ·
After reading many threads on here, I ordered the 1st part of the Rock Hard sport cage. I'll start to order more pieces as soon as the CFO will release the funds! :2thumbsup:

#19,814 ·
Front disc brakes

well looks like I am finally getting a handle on my 97 TJ. Replaced the rotors and brake pads, went for the ceramic ones, wow what a difference. Getting ready to pull of the door panels and the front panels, time to switch from bad grey to black interior. will try to document:cheers2:

#19,815 ·
met another jeep club in the area.. great bunch of folks... one found i had a long arm bolt spinning out ...fixed that and started a locker bypass:thumbsup:

#19,818 ·
Ordered a set (5) of new pro comp wheels today for $600. I know everyone hates their suspension, but i have had 3 sets of there tires all with great results. I decided to go with the alloy instead of the cragar soft 8's, i think these look alot better... My tire guy said he will stand behind them 100% so i cant go wrong. Pics will follow next week hopefully. :2thumbsup:

#19,820 ·
Got any pictures looking up through the mesh? Driving around today (80's and sunny) makes me want something keeping a little bit of the sun off of me. PLus the black interior gets real hot when it sits for a little bit.
check out the spiderweb shade tops, it does a great job of blocking the majority of the sun, and gives a nice shade.

comes in a variety of different models for diff. set ups

here is some pics of my SW3 top with mesh wind jammer

http://www.spiderwebshade.com/