Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#1,822 ·
For the first time in about a month and a half I drove it. Friday the doctor said I could hold the wheel still with my left hand while I shifted with my right. I waited until this morning and took it out on pavement for a while. I had to pre think my shifts not to correspond to turning, but it felt good to drive it again. The only down side is that I had to nod to another Jeep because I could not wave and maintain control of the vehicle.

:wave:

#1,825 ·
- I painted my fender flares, bumpers ends (i still like them on) dashboard air vents and stock rim caps with Krylon Fusion Satin Black
- fixed door strap
- tried to fix non-folding passenger seat, greased 'her' up (found out I need new grease nipples and driver side tie rod grease bushing). *Note* need to price out 93-97 8 cyl tie rod for jeep.
- Waiting on rims to come back from painters before I can put new skins on.
- Called about diff seals and oil at NAPA

#1,828 ·
finished the lift in the rear end. put in my OME steering stab. all i have left is to mount my shocks and install the ss brake lines, mount my tires, ctr my front axle, alignment, and i'm done. what sucks is i can't drive it until i get the hardware for the front motor support bracket. if any of you can help, i really would appreciate it.

#1,830 ·
Replaced two Driver's rear studs and one pass. rear stud, while doing hte passenger side, i snapped another stud, so that will be done at a later date because advance didnt have anymore in and jeeps are 7.50 or so a piece.
Took off my doors too.

#1,833 ·
watched a flatbet tow truck take it away to be repaired....The worst thing I've seen in a good long time.