Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#18,061 ·
Trying to decide whether or not to get winshield hinge mounted lights? What do you guys think? I already have two KC's on my front bumper.....:dunno: Or I thought about fabbing up my own light bar and putting a row of em up top.]
Add more lights......

Also, why the yellow? it doesn't really go w/ the rest of your jeep:2c:

And I changed spark plugs, much more horsepower, hopefully a significant MPG increase as well. APP985's:banana:

#18,064 ·
Trying to decide whether or not to get winshield hinge mounted lights? What do you guys think? I already have two KC's on my front bumper.....:dunno: Or I thought about fabbing up my own light bar and putting a row of em up top.

I had lights installed on my window hinge but moved them to the bumper because I could not see (on the trails) with the light reflection on the hood.

#18,065 ·
Yellow because the stone guards were a christmas gift. Plus I wouldn't know what would look better. :D

That is a good point about the hood glare. Might work better to have them way up top.

#18,069 ·
got a used TB in the mail and man is it dirty!! I did my best with a rag but the thing is still dirty. It looks to have some sort of corrosion on the inside. Whats the best way to get it clean?

#18,071 · (Edited)
got a used TB in the mail and man is it dirty!! I did my best with a rag but the thing is still dirty. It looks to have some sort of corrosion on the inside. Whats the best way to get it clean?
Carb cleaner or a bit of gasoline. (Make sure you let it air dry before you put it on of course)

#18,073 ·
Marry that girl! And have her buy her own jeep!:cheers2:

Last night went on a date with a chick who loves Jeeps. Took her for a ride and found some deep water on a gravel area. Went through it forgetting I had the Sunrider back. Needless to say a wall of water came in the Jeep and got us both soaked. She loved it and we said screw it and did it like 3 more times. Never thought my dash would be as dirty as the outside of the Jeep. Had to get a rag to wipe the INSIDE of the windshield, haha!

She then said "OMG I'm soaking wet" to which I responded "giggity...". She then laughed, hit me and told me to shut up.

Awesome first date and she said it was the best she's ever been on. We parted ways shivering outside soakin wet... :cheers:

#18,077 ·
Got my tires yesterday :D

There's my daily driver while the Jeep is down.

I also made up some simple brackets to bolt the OEM fuel tank in the back seat area. Ran the fuel lines through the tub and it started right up :D Used some fuel injection line, some Chrysler fuel line connectors, and fuel line clamps from Advance. Total cost of that stuff was roughly $100.

Haven't hooked up any emissions crap yet, doing some searching on how to entirely delete everything or semi-cleanly mount it inside.

I'm getting a main bumper piece from Eddie(BESRK) today with the reciever hitch welded in and my D-ring tabs as well. I got a TJ bumper mounting kit from Rokmen which I'll be doing myself. Also have the way-back shackle hangers from Ruff-Stuff.

#18,079 ·
LOL thanks but don't say that. I don't need Chuck round-house kicking my face in before I get the Jeep out of the garage! :laugh:

The plan is to make it daily drivable. I probably won't just because of gas mileage(expecting about 8-9 mpg or so), but it's being build to be legal for a VA state inspection. There will be a few questionable things but shouldn't be a big issue.

#18,080 ·
Carb cleaner or a bit of gasoline. (Make sure you let it air dry before you put it on of course)
My mistake, I should have made it clearer that I had been using carb cleaner lol.

Anyway,

today I took all the taping and plastic off and took her for a spin with the newly repainted bumper...It looks like it did the day I installed it!! It's like new again!!!

...and the best part is that all the paint ended up where it was supposed to and not on my jeeps body!!