Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#17,743 ·
So this morning I awoke to find my jeep had rolled out of the driveway and into the neighbors yard. Guess my emergency brake isn't worth a **** in the rain. The jeep stayed still for a week no problem with no rain.

Wanted to take pictures but was more concerned with getting the jeep before the neighbors noticed
same thing happened to a buddy of mine. except he was standing on the bumper of his 98 putting the top up when it decided to roll down his driveway, across the street and into a tree in the neighbors front yard. if that tree hadn't been there his jeep would have been in their living room. he parks in the street now and puts it in gear when he sets the ebrake...haha.

#17,746 ·
#17,747 ·
I drove it to school today. It is raining heavy, so maybe it will wash some of the mud off for me :p

#17,748 ·
Lol yea but it's an automatic. And the ebrake was on. Ebrake was on cause the rear shaft is pulled. Now it's in 4hi with the wheel chocked and the ebrake on. I'd like to see that sucker roll away now. Atleast I wasn't under it. That would have been fun

#17,749 ·
I always put in gear when I leave it sit too.
me too...he learned his lesson. tj e-brakes suck.

Lol yea but it's an automatic. And the ebrake was on. Ebrake was on cause the rear shaft is pulled. Now it's in 4hi with the wheel chocked and the ebrake on. I'd like to see that sucker roll away now. Atleast I wasn't under it. That would have been fun
yeah, fun...or a trip to the er. either one. haha.

#17,752 ·
Topped off the oil today with some Lucas Oil Stabilizer.

#17,756 ·
Painted some more faded black plastic with some krylon fusion. I also repainted the plastic swaybar cover just behind the front bumper, the hood latches, stock side steps, and the rear plate holder. The side mirrors are next on the list. Then its on to the bumpers.
Before

During

After

#17,757 ·
maybe its just me but it looks like the stock lights lit more up :dunno:
Yeah, they did a little bit...I didn't get super bright ones...didn't want them for the courtesy lights...I never use them. The ones that I got coming for the soundbar are brighter tho and I'll post pics once those arrive...those ones I actually DO use.

#17,758 ·
Painted some more faded black plastic with some krylon fusion. I also repainted the plastic swaybar cover just behind the front bumper, the hood latches, stock side steps, and the rear plate holder. The side mirrors are next on the list. Then its on to the bumpers.
Before

During

After
Nice...I woulda taken it off though, it's not that hard to take off if you've done it before.

#17,760 ·
Installed Rough Country 2.5" lift, coils and shocks on Sunday. Adjusted toe in on Monday. Added TC drop tonight. Will Install steering stabilzer tomorrow. WILL IT EVER END?!?!?