Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#17,701 ·
Yea, I'm gonna paint it black. May hit the winch plate with some silver, who knows. Final price with shipping was $230. I don't think sunday will work, but next weekend the super35 kit should be done. Right now I'm not even driving the jeep cause I am scared the rearend is going to explode from the noises its making

edit: just checked out that thread. He did recently switch to all laser cutting all that good stuff, so maybe that took care of the quality issues.

#17,702 ·
Here in Florida, we've had nothing but dry weather for months...we're in a drought; brush fires poppin' up, etc...and the ONE DAY I decide to drive with the top down and doors off...it rains. Go figure. Oh Well...pulled the drain plugs and everything is dryin' up.

On a positive note... I have had this annoying squeaking coming from the passenger side front when going over bumps. It was drivin me mad! Mad I tell you! But today, I found it and fixed it. The air box was loose! :2thumbsup:

#17,704 ·
Tore up most the carpet, getting ready to get everything Line-X'd, also gonna wire in the trailer lights.

Haven't installed them yet but I bought a 20mm ammo can to replace the center console and a medical crate to go in place of the back seat. (both will be lockable and i'll mount the crate so I can remove it quickly and put the back seat back in)

#17,708 ·
I rode to work blastin METALLICA on the new speakers.

#17,709 ·
Just got back from Moab.:cheers2: I wanna go back asap! Me and a buddy with a 4Runner went out for a few days. I was close to losing it on tip-over challenge. Stalled, couldn't brake and went back a ways. I love the manual, but it's a pain in those situations. Now I'm looking into Vanco especially since I wanna run 35's soon. My stockers worked great, but I can see how easily a nice run can turn into a nightmare. Here are a few pics - and no, I didn't run escalator:brickwall, at least not untill I get a hand throttle to help me out. I have to do something about that. We took it easy on this trip, but when I go back, I'll be ready.:wave:

Attachments

#17,712 ·
Went for some coffee this morning after our blizzard ended.
Coffee run turned into a few rescue missions of random motorists stuck in massive drifts.

Ended up snapping my synthetic winch line trying to pull out a stuck full-size truck. Here's some random pics.

Just the regular snowdrift routine.....low gear / both lockers engaged / wipers on high. It's awesome to hear the snow landing on the hard top after smacking drifts.

#17,720 ·
painted my Kilby gas tank skid body color, and BTF Rear bumper. I added some gold metallic accents for the fun of it.. nice to have a day just to play on the heep:p

Attachments