What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 77 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #1141
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcoyote
Hmmm.... Lots of people say the Champion Truck plugs are best. Do you credit the improvement to the fact that the plugs are new and properly gapped or to the fact they are platinums? I would think that they are new and gapped properly. Those platinums hsoudl be good for like 50K though right?
Probably being new and gapped. However, most Chrysler engines don't run well with anything but Champion plugs. In our shop we probably get 2 or 3 cars a month during the summer that run like crap & check engine light comes on just after the customer put in Bosch plugs. I haven't seen much with the Jeep engines, but I don't run that side of the shop anymore

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #1142
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

used some 303 protector on the hood latches as those 3 things on the hood itself.. next im gonna apply another coat on my fenders of penetrol thats probably for the weekend

aswell put 303 on my softop again its been a few weeks and it looks good with that stuff looks like a new top so another coat and she will be good for the season
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #1143
Blaster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Today I got my Jeep out of the shop I put it in yesterday it started out it wouldnt start about two months ago no fire to spark plugs I changed the coil and the crank position sensor then to be told its the ECU so I took back the two parts just mentioned and hunted down a ECU for a 97 half way across the U.S. $235 out of a junk yard suprise still didnt work got P.O. and just left it for the two months. Finally had to have it back so to the shop it went back home 24 hrs later turned out to be a broke wire inside the wire harness just outside the fuse box under the hood. I like to drove myself nuts trying to find the problem. Now $126 to someone smarter than me and Im happy again.

Last edited by Blaster; 05-09-2006 at 07:05 PM..
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #1144
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finished stripping the interior. Put the drivers seat back in. Tomorrow it goes to be Rhino lined.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #1145
atomspwt
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I replaced my steering damper. Lots of fun, I used every suggestion on this forum for getting the old one off of the drag link and finally ended up drilling the thing out. I had a few choice words that came to mind during the process but my 5 year old son didn't need the vocabulary lesson. Oh well, its done now and I'm on the road again, or is that off the road again!!!
atomspwt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #1146
MeloYelo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Finally finished my York OBA system. Tested it and it looks like we are ready for Moab this weekend.
MeloYelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #1147
P89Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Put on a set of those Tuffy locks that keep the door from getting taken.
P89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #1148
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installed a set of Tuffy door lockers for the hard doors; assembled a new set of front Yukon alloy shafts with u-joints to be installed late next week when the OX arrives.
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #1149
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Scrubbed mud and dirt from places I didn't even know existed inside the Jeep.

My first time at the PAP play area. Stupid noob.

Tom
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #1150
smartshot
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my hand thottle. works great
smartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #1151
SurvCat

did some cutting on the front bumper. Removed the grill hoop and debating on removing the tow bar setup. Angle grinder fried so I had to stop working on it:

old bumper:

New style:

SurvCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #1152
Nomad4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvCat
did some cutting on the front bumper. Removed the grill hoop and debating on removing the tow bar setup. Angle grinder fried so I had to stop working on it:

old bumper:

Wow!!! I dont know anyone that's mounted their spare tire on the front bumper. How's that working for ya?
Nomad4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #1153
SurvCat

lol....you a$$
SurvCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #1154
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

added some front tow hooks just in case.. going to add rear ones this weekend..
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #1155
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

finished drying it out from yesterdays storm....1inch of water on the ground and 2 in the jeep....ouch
SeanCucf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.