What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6578 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfECGS Black Friday Sale!!Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #98656
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlerBee View Post
Ferrachi, Liked your windjammer is there a write up ?
Couldn't help seeing your storage box any pictures
of it, and dimensions? thanks
The storage box is a Tuffy jumbo rear storage. I'll take a couple pics of it for you.

The windjammer is tapered, measures 46" top width, 40" height, 49" bottom width. Make allowance of 4" each side to fold over and glued with vinyl glue(except bottom edge). I then added grommets, 5 on top and 2 per side and none on the bottom edge. Velcro to attach. I bought it all at Joanne Fabrics on sale. (Edit)you need to use significant weight on the edges when glueing them over(30lbs). And I only glued 20" of material at a time.

Ferrachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #98657
DirtRoadOK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finally replaced my turn signal switch. It has been almost 4 hours since my wife has told me I was "still blinking." Getting old sucks, for the Jeep AND for me.
DirtRoadOK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #98658
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i removed the front drive shaft, had the front drive shaft rebuilt, and re-installed the front drive shaft.
i bought a few new tools for the tool box. ratcheting wrenches are cool!
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #98659
DTC-TJ-97

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgezelin View Post
Was gifted a winch
wench.. and its not a gift... LOL its a curse
Unread 07-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #98660
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
Well today Im going to look into getting my rear flares properly installed. I just put some larger bolts in the front two holes to hold the flare on, but now I have some nutserts (and the tool) to install. Just gotta get some bolts...

Also, bought a dorman headlight adjuster kit... Im hoping I can get them to work.
Well, flares are installed properly; it was pretty simple.

Headlights... not so good.

I started replacing the driver's light adjusters and broke the housing.

Now to find some replacements that ARENT $180/each at the dealership...
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #98661
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep
i removed the front drive shaft, had the front drive shaft rebuilt, and re-installed the front drive shaft. i bought a few new tools for the tool box. ratcheting wrenches are cool!
If you know how to remove the driveshaft then you coulda figured out how to swap the u joints yourself...
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #98662
JackN77CJ7
2005 LJ Wrangler 

image-3626552037.jpg

Installed my hillbilly bikini top... Hardtop no windows!
Unread 07-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #98663
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrachi View Post
Made a windjammer out of heavy gauge clear vinyl. Cost me $22.00��

I thought about doing this this week! I have a windjammer, but thought it'd be nice to make something quicker & easier out of clear vinyl. Looks good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #98664
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

After looking around for a week or so for an external locking draw latch for my CJ gate on sites like McMaster Carr and Grainger, I ended up stumbling across a trailer build forum with the perfect solution. Then, come to find out, we already had a brand new set sitting in a box in the garage. And best of all, they are a made-for-Jeep product, just not quite this application. Figured it out?

Rampage JK Locking Hood Latches. They are powder coated stainless instead of the powder coated zinc latches on the hardware sites, which would corrode in no time. Only extra step was to cut a 3/4" hole in the back of the tailgate to get the nut on.

Thread: http://tventuring.com/trailerforum/thread-309.html

In addition, I pulled the old tag light off my stock tailgate and wired it up until I find a solution I like. Also picked up a piece of 4'x4' 1/4" Steel Angle from the metal shop near my work to build the CJ cable brackets. Only wanted 6" but he found an 11" piece in the scrap pile so he just gave me the whole piece for $5. Picked up some stainless hex bolts for the hinges since the black oxide Grade 8 machine screws started rusting immediately. I have come to terms that I will have to settle for hex since I can't find another 5/16" 3 1/2" Allen Machine Screw like the PO gave me to save my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #98665
GS430
2006 LJ Wrangler 

1 inch BL and motor mount done yesterday. Not the best picture, but it looks like I picked up more than 1 inch with the Daystar kit. It already had a2 inch BDS lift with Bilsteins.
image.jpg  
GS430 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #98666
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
After looking around for a week or so for an external locking draw latch for my CJ gate on sites like McMaster Carr and Grainger, I ended up stumbling across a trailer build forum with the perfect solution. Then, come to find out, we already had a brand new set sitting in a box in the garage. And best of all, they are a made-for-Jeep product, just not quite this application. Figured it out?

Rampage JK Locking Hood Latches. They are powder coated stainless instead of the powder coated zinc latches on the hardware sites, which would corrode in no time. Only extra step was to cut a 3/4" hole in the back of the tailgate to get the nut on.

Thread: http://tventuring.com/trailerforum/thread-309.html

In addition, I pulled the old tag light off my stock tailgate and wired it up until I find a solution I like. Also picked up a piece of 4'x4' 1/4" Steel Angle from the metal shop near my work to build the CJ cable brackets. Only wanted 6" but he found an 11" piece in the scrap pile so he just gave me the whole piece for $5. Picked up some stainless hex bolts for the hinges since the black oxide Grade 8 machine screws started rusting immediately. I have come to terms that I will have to settle for hex since I can't find another 5/16" 3 1/2" Allen Machine Screw like the PO gave me to save my life.
Looks great. I gotta do that
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #98667
DTC-TJ-97

1997 TJ Wrangler 

bought 4 rattlecans of grey primer, and 4 rattlecans of chrome silver - going to revive the '97 factory steelies that came with it... silver paint is all chipped revealing the black subcoat... will post pix

update... jacked up and on stands in the garage, right side wheels/tires off, pressure washed and drying (p-wash took a good amount of the silver paint off too)...

cleaned / steel-wooled centercaps covered JEEP center emblem and painted them satin black...

done for the night, steak, baked taters, fresh corn and going to deep fry some cookie dough for desert with my 11yr old.
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #98668
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Washed, waxed, vacuumed, windows washed.
it still cleans Up pretty good!
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #98669
ofiredri
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cooling system

Installed new radiator (part #55037653AB) with new cap (part# 55116901AA_ and new cooling fluid (Valvoline Zerex GO5).
Everything runs great now !
ofiredri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #98670
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It was exactly 2:00 pm today driving home from having new control arms installed. I looked down and saw this. (It's getting up there in miles, don't you think?)

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.