What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #931
02jeepman

Those speakers are pretty sweet... I vaquely remember a set JUST like those in the old YJ. That is a sweet black TJ next to yours though...

Looking good dude!

02jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #932
dirt rider

I haven't done anything to my Jeep this week, but my brother just moved here from Colorado and brought along his 98 TJ. In the last few days we've installed an AEM fresh air kit, Bushwacker "Pocket" flares, a CB, Hi Lift jack, and we are in the middle of installing a Full Traction "Ultimate" 4" lift and 33" BFG's on factory Rubicon wheels. The front suspension is completely done. All that is left is the rear and the Pro Comp MX6 shocks that aren't here yet.
[U]2003 TJ[/U]: Full Traction 4" lift, 33" BFG Mud Terrains on 8" Atlas wheels, Russel braided brake lines, Tom Woods SYE and driveshaft, ATK winch bumper,VIAIR 450 onboard air, PIAA driving lights, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, full Skid Row skid plates, AEM intake w/throttle body spacer, Optima battery, full recovery gear, Sony Xplod stereo, Cobra CB, etc...
[U]1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee[/U]: Rubicon Express lift, 31" BFG All Terrains, K&N FIPK, etc...
[U]2001 Dodge Cummins[/U]: Work Horse!! [COLOR="Red"]SOLD[/COLOR]
[U]1970 Dodge Challenger[/U]: Roller cammed small block, 4-speed, modern suspension, killer stereo, etc....
dirt rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 05:55 AM   #933
joburnet

Removed the radiator and planning on replacing the head gasket tomorrow.
joburnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #934
stathunter

Sat in my house staring out the window waiting for my safari doors to be delivered.............also called the tire dealer today asking where my swampers are ?@#%!@ I HATE WAITING!
stathunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #935
jage

Today I took it out sans top and picked up a screwdriver my wife saw in the road on the way to work. Nothing like being cheap!

Yesterday I took the top and doors off and drove all over then cleaned out a spot in the garage. Lucky me it poured last night!

Before that I used it as a forklift to move the XJ axels out of the back yard...
jage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #936
lightfighter

two days ago, the jeeperman front came an i put it on, yesterday the rear came, slapped that badboy on, today i have to go buy a really big hex keyto finish the tire carrier up.

hopefully tommorow the locked d44 i am getting will come out of the donor vehicle, along with the d30 w locker, two tom woods shafts and the atlas 4.3. this is all just too cool. i cant wait to try and break something.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #937
dirt rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Today I took it out sans top and picked up a screwdriver my wife saw in the road on the way to work. Nothing like being cheap!

Yesterday I took the top and doors off and drove all over then cleaned out a spot in the garage. Lucky me it poured last night!

Before that I used it as a forklift to move the XJ axels out of the back yard...

Great picture! I almost spit coffee in my keyboard.
[U]2003 TJ[/U]: Full Traction 4" lift, 33" BFG Mud Terrains on 8" Atlas wheels, Russel braided brake lines, Tom Woods SYE and driveshaft, ATK winch bumper,VIAIR 450 onboard air, PIAA driving lights, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, full Skid Row skid plates, AEM intake w/throttle body spacer, Optima battery, full recovery gear, Sony Xplod stereo, Cobra CB, etc...
[U]1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee[/U]: Rubicon Express lift, 31" BFG All Terrains, K&N FIPK, etc...
[U]2001 Dodge Cummins[/U]: Work Horse!! [COLOR="Red"]SOLD[/COLOR]
[U]1970 Dodge Challenger[/U]: Roller cammed small block, 4-speed, modern suspension, killer stereo, etc....
dirt rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #938
BlueJ

I FINALLY TOOK MY TOP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for months to get that dang hard top off. So that was done yesterday and I touched up some paint and added a "hidden" key to the frame so I will no longer lock myself out. Oh, and she got a bath before getting muddy again tomorrow.

Same stuff as most of ya got. =)
BlueJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #939
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Ordered the Body Armor swing away rear bumper and removed the "X" and "Wrangler" decals.

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.” - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

'95 YJ, '00 XJ, '06 TJ, (Current:) '08 XK
FmrVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #940
I FLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJSport
i put in some 6x9s on the rear roll bar.

and earlier this week i got her dirty

That setup just seems way too easy to steal....
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:21 PM   #941
phydeaux
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Way cool.
phydeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #942
jonster
2014 JK Wrangler 

I finished my rear disc brake conversion.
brakes-005a.jpg  
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #943
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Fixed my crappy-painted headlight bezels, installed mirror movers, installed 1½" Buchanan seat risers, and put together an Olympic rear cargo rack... but I'm going to have to modify the mounting a bit because of my Tuffy lock boxes on the wheel wells.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #944
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Changed the well and truly dead Bridgestones (4 years in the sun + 30,000 miles) for Yokohoma Geolandars.

One of the Bridgestones was deformed horribly... bulged / leaking / bald. The Jeep had to be parked up until the new Geolandars arrived.

And as soon as I got tires that would hold air.... I then proceeded to let the air out again

Yokohoma Geolandar AT II's are real nice on the sand - and balanced really well. Only problem is they are a very loud when you spin them... the old tires were silent when you spun them, so you could fool around without the "HEY LOOK AT ME OFFICER" sound track. Spin these however and it can be heard from miles away.
Plus if you enter a corner a bit quick you'll get the same screech building up.
It's fun but I have a feeling it will get me in trouble
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #945
98TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FLEX
That setup just seems way too easy to steal....
im not to worried about it, it will work for right now, untill i can figure out a way to
put them in the jeep without interfeering (sp?) with anything, and right now if i
wanna put the top down i have to move them as it is.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.