What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6211 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #93151
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
As a club we recovered a Pepsi truck, a Lays Truck, another box truck, several cars and an 18 wheeler that was blocking the eastbound lanes of Western Boulevard.

Not sure if this link will work.
https://fbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net/...856_2070_b.jpg

Edit: It didn't, heres a pic
WOW!!! Now that is what I am talking about!!!

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #93152
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What a very busy day, but I did get A little of the servicing done and learned a lot about my TJ. Oil changed, coolant drained and filled, and then the Transfer case. Here is where I got a little surprise. WATER in the T.C. and more than just condensation. A pink, somewhat foamy liquid. The transfer case has been working alright, but I am glad I did this. So we filled it up and I will run it for a few hundred miles and do it again.

I did not get to the D30 and D35, and after talking with the service manager, I decided to use good old fashioned cork gaskets for the diffs. So off to the store I went. Of course they only had one, but will have the other for me tomorrow.

I also learned what a fuel return line is today, and that I will need to replace that soon, as it was so corroded we were afraid to touch it. It looked like it would just fall apart if we did.

Also leaned that I will need tie rod end bushings too. Although mine are not terribly bad at this time, they are worn and will need replaced.

Here is the other big surprise and one that I do not understand. My right side front(passenger side) brake pads are wearing faster than the left side. This has me wondering. How does this happen. All though it does not need replaced RIGHT now, but soon, I want to figure out why.

I will get some pics up soon of everything and when I get those diff covers off, I wonder what I am going to find.

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #93153
carbert
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
As a club we recovered a Pepsi truck, a Lays Truck, another box truck, several cars and an 18 wheeler that was blocking the eastbound lanes of Western Boulevard.

Not sure if this link will work.
https://fbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net/...856_2070_b.jpg

Edit: It didn't, heres a pic
Thats bad ***....asum guys
carbert is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 03:56 AM   #93154
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumfreek View Post
Road around town to see if I can help pull anyone out of a ditch.
Up here you can get in trouble doing that. Huge liability issue if something goes wrong. That said last time we had a big snowfall, I winched one of my neighbors out of his driveway so he could get a running start since he went in too slow and ended up in the middle of his and his attached neighbours driveway.
Unread 02-13-2014, 04:00 AM   #93155
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedawgshow View Post
What a very busy day, but I did get A little of the servicing done and learned a lot about my TJ. Oil changed, coolant drained and filled, and then the Transfer case. Here is where I got a little surprise. WATER in the T.C. and more than just condensation. A pink, somewhat foamy liquid. The transfer case has been working alright, but I am glad I did this. So we filled it up and I will run it for a few hundred miles and do it again.

I did not get to the D30 and D35, and after talking with the service manager, I decided to use good old fashioned cork gaskets for the diffs. So off to the store I went. Of course they only had one, but will have the other for me tomorrow.

I also learned what a fuel return line is today, and that I will need to replace that soon, as it was so corroded we were afraid to touch it. It looked like it would just fall apart if we did.

Also leaned that I will need tie rod end bushings too. Although mine are not terribly bad at this time, they are worn and will need replaced.

Here is the other big surprise and one that I do not understand. My right side front(passenger side) brake pads are wearing faster than the left side. This has me wondering. How does this happen. All though it does not need replaced RIGHT now, but soon, I want to figure out why.

I will get some pics up soon of everything and when I get those diff covers off, I wonder what I am going to find.
End of last year after wheelsachurnin whole bunch of us had to do fluid changes. I had to change my transmission and Transfercase. You don't need to wait a couple hundred miles. I drove it for like 5 and drained it another two times. The transmission was 4 times to get all of the water out.
My guess is your passenger side caliper is sticking.
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:05 AM   #93156
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedawgshow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
My guess is your passenger side caliper is sticking.
This.^

If you just do a stock replacement, they are cheap at any auto part store. Swap it out and bleed.
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #93157
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00bz View Post

This.^

If you just do a stock replacement, they are cheap at any auto part store. Swap it out and bleed.
This...but imo, swap both fronts out if you're doing one. They're around $20 each, might as well do both.

The core charge is $35 bucks or something though

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #93158
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went out this morning to see how bad it was. Got about a foot of snow overnight and it's still coming down. Also had to pull a Honda up the to my apartment and into the parking lot lol.

image-948817952.jpg

image-3844480044.jpg

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #93159
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Went out this morning to see how bad it was. Got about a foot of snow overnight and it's still coming down. Also had to pull a Honda up the to my apartment and into the parking lot lol.

Attachment 1081993

Attachment 1082001
Man that looks awesome, it's a sunny 41 here
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #93160
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Took it for a spin on the farm, we got about 5-6 inches total here in Murphy.
image-2746829186.jpg

image-2103279158.jpg

image-4014021441.jpg

Unread 02-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #93161
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I just cut the stock fenders & flares. I should have some more detailed pics in my "build" thread...but if you want anything specific, just let me know.

...I used a dremel for the fenders and bumper....then a razor blade & dremel for the flares

Sent by a messenger bird
What about those inserts you have in the corner next to the grill, where did you get those? Never have seen them.
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #93162
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
Up here you can get in trouble doing that. Huge liability issue if something goes wrong.
Yep, In every state here you assume total legal liability when you help someone out of a ditch = You tear somones unibody - you just bought them a new car.

Let them call Onstar/AAA.
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #93163
tweenerlj
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Took the top of, it is supposed to be near 80 degrees here this weekend
tweenerlj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #93164
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post

What about those inserts you have in the corner next to the grill, where did you get those? Never have seen them.
Idk if you mean the lights tucked into the fender well, or the fender support.

...the lights are the stock side markers, & the fender support was already there, inside the fender. I decided not to remove it b/c my fenders are cheapo aftermarket replacements that the po put on & I didn't want to lose any rigidity in the fenders.

I just sprayed the fender supports with duplicolor truck bed coating

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #93165
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bought oil change material the other night, have my parts for the brakes coming in today, and my new soft uppers will be here today or tomorrow. Can't wait to be driving the jeep again.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.