What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6197 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 02-04-2014, 01:12 AM   #92941
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ
Installed a Premier Power Welder in (what used to be) the glove box.
That's amazing,
Today I got in some paracord and then made some grab handles pics of them installed in the morning or well afternoon, both only took me about 5 hours and a few blisters (had to learn how to do it)

image-2553612475.jpg

Cptjeeves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:56 AM   #92942
Falcor
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installed a 2" BDS lift. I started on Saturday and ended up breaking off one of the rear upper shock bolts. That took it into Sunday and with the Super Bowl it was not finished. We are getting quite a bit of snow in KC today, so I finished up the lift last night.

Went from this:
image-3245240466.jpg

To this:
image-2330281384.jpg

(sold) 07 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 97 ZJ Laredo - 4.0L, 98 TJ Sahara, 78 CJ-7, 88 Grand Wagoneer
www.real4x4.iwarp.com
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #92943
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytj33 View Post
I found my battery had committed suicide to escape this cold weather. So I replaced it with a Diehard Platinum. Need to get a new hold down as it can slide side to side.
Wish mine would decide whether or not it was going to die and stop being such an emo. Works fine when the jeep is driven at least once a week but dies in the cold months if you leave it for 10 days to 2 weeks.
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #92944
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards
Wish mine would decide whether or not it was going to die and stop being such an emo. Works fine when the jeep is driven at least once a week but dies in the cold months if you leave it for 10 days to 2 weeks.
Mine was acting pretty weak in the mornings during our last cold snap. Considering it was an 8 year old walmart neverstart (I can't believe it lasted that long!? They've always failed me within a couple of years. :-/), I went ahead and replaced it about 3ish weeks ago with the O'rielly's rebadged Deka Intimidator AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #92945
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Installed a 2" BDS lift. I started on Saturday and ended up breaking off one of the rear upper shock bolts. That took it into Sunday and with the Super Bowl it was not finished. We are getting quite a bit of snow in KC today, so I finished up the lift last night.

Went from this:

To this:
Where abouts in KC are you? I'm about to go test out the snow here in Olathe soon.
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #92946
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00bz View Post
Mine was acting pretty weak in the mornings during our last cold snap. Considering it was an 8 year old walmart neverstart (I can't believe it lasted that long!? They've always failed me within a couple of years. :-/), I went ahead and replaced it about 3ish weeks ago with the O'rielly's rebadged Deka Intimidator AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
That's what I put in my Jeep, dual terminals too for my battery relocation plan down the road.

New SYE/used DC driveshaft installed last night with a new transmission mount. No more vibes, and Jeep drives like new again. Now I can't stop looking at it while I'm at work. Gave me just what I needed.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #92947
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Set up an appointment to drop the jeep off at the stealership to address the many leaks it has.

I also emailed ECGS to check the status of my axle. I haven't heard anything in weeks and they still haven't charged my card that I used to order the axle... Hoping there wasn't any hiccups in this purchase.
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #92948
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I had my stock tire carrier welded, where it had cracked. It appears I had backed into something at some point, or caught the spare on ledge, and bent the carrier mounting bracket, which then started to crack. It's back on now.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #92949
Greentj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Started cutting the rear fenders and flares for my "almost comp cut build." Need to figure out what to do with the evap canister and leak detection pump now.. Anyone know any good right ups?
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #92950
WinterJeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Started to install a Tuffy security deck thingy, but it is missing some screws. Oh well, off to the borg...
Grumble grumble grumble. Where is my old man stick? I need to shake it at someone.
WinterJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #92951
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentj05
Started cutting the rear fenders and flares for my "almost comp cut build." Need to figure out what to do with the evap canister and leak detection pump now.. Anyone know any good right ups?
If you moved your gas tank you can just tuck them in tight where that was. Otherwise maybe reroute them into the tub?
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #92952
luisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New Smittybilt SRC Rear Bumper arrived today. packed poorly oops

Big and beefy so looks intact, hopefully not warped.

anyone ave advice on whether the coating holds up, or should I bedline it like my other?
luisi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #92953
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's not very tough. I knocked alot off of my SRC before I ditched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #92954
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
It's not very tough.
Hopefully tougher than the WARN stuff that is on my jeep...

As soon as it is warm again, I am going to have to pull it all off and refinish it.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #667
irnmadn88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #92955
Peanut72
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
There was a thread very recently in the xj tech about fixing a clockspring.

I can't find the link from my phone right now

Edit: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...pring-2026833/

Sent by a messenger bird
Thanks man, Ill keep my eye on this one. Mine has to be replaced though because the connector that goes to the back of the bag melted when the bag deployed. But may still take it apart and play with it just to see what its made of.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.