What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6185 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Reply
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #92761
aparise
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 78
Found my exhaust is ready to fall off! Just something else to fix!

aparise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #92762
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 25,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
This is off Currie's site

Description: The Currie Currectlync® heavy duty tie rod and drag link system for TJ, LJ, XJ, and MJ vehicles features, a 1 ¼" diameter forged alloy drag link, and 1 ¼" solid alloy steel tie rod bar that is bored and threaded on the ends. All 7/8" thread tie rod ends with boots are included as well as the Currie heavy duty steering stabilizer bracket. This unit is a direct replacement for the stock parts. No modifications or machining to any part of the vehicle is necessary. This unit is rated at 200% stronger than the stock components. NOTE: This unit is designed to be used on vehicles with 4" of lift. It can be used on vehicles with less lift, but the vehicle must have a minimum of a 2" bump stop (over stock). Also, on vehicles with no lift, 2 of the tie rod ends may need be trimmed to achieve proper adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Not to mention that if you are in danger of over traveling the TRE at the pitman from a low lift and too much uptravel, it's a simple matter to put it in a press and take some of the bend out of it. We used to do the opposite for the XJ crowd on the first and second Gen stuff.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #92763
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Not to mention that if you are in danger of over traveling the TRE at the pitman from a low lift and too much uptravel, it's a simple matter to put it in a press and take some of the bend out of it. We used to do the opposite for the XJ crowd on the first and second Gen stuff.
Is there a thread related to this?
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #92764
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,485
Took it out in the snow. First I towed a stranded couple back to their house, with RPD blocking the major roads for me. Then I took it out to play with some club members. Had a blast.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #92765
Youngster
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montgomery, Alabama (AL)
Posts: 68
Not what I did, but we finally got some snow in Auburn Alabama!

image-447049805.jpg

Door handles along with the windows were frozen shut

image-3536323635.jpg
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #92766
JPGoody
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Harbor Springs, MI
Posts: 262
Tossed a pair of the Polk DB651s into the sound bar to compliment the new head unit. And by tossed I mean laid on my back with neck torqued at awkward angles, stressed out my dislocated shoulders, cursed at multiple failures and finally cracked a grill while finnaglin' with the last of 4 screws. Got em' in, but they don't slip right in as many have said.

Luckily I added poly-fil on my first attempt, cause there won't be any more. Found it to be a wee bit easier to do the install form the rear of the jeep. Sound bar removal would have made it easier, but not taking the top off in these temps.

Sounds is solid and definitely improved.
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #92767
jeeptjman2000
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: reedsville, pennsylavania
Posts: 372
Cancelled my order for my Rustys steering and ordered the currie setup!!(: the local 4x4 shop didnt place the order for the rustys yet anyhow so its all good plus i got a much better setup.
jeeptjman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #92768
bbradUSMC
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoody View Post
Tossed a pair of the Polk DB651s into the sound bar to compliment the new head unit. And by tossed I mean laid on my back with neck torqued at awkward angles, stressed out my dislocated shoulders, cursed at multiple failures and finally cracked a grill while finnaglin' with the last of 4 screws. Got em' in, but they don't slip right in as many have said.

Luckily I added poly-fil on my first attempt, cause there won't be any more. Found it to be a wee bit easier to do the install form the rear of the jeep. Sound bar removal would have made it easier, but not taking the top off in these temps.

Sounds is solid and definitely improved.
I had to trim the edges of the speakers like so, oh and the covers that came with them dont even some close to fitting.

bbradUSMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #92769
AndyAllen
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy, NC
Posts: 533
Took it out to play a little. It was funny to watch the guys in the front wheel drive cars spinning out.
image-4085077786.jpg

__________________
1998 TJ sahara, AX15, np231, d30-35, 4.0. Modding to prepare for Durhamtown Tellico.
TJ of the year contest, VOTE HERE http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-year-contest-2013-vote-now-contest-has-started-1891473/
AndyAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #92770
chopstix333
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Auburn, Alabama
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Not what I did, but we finally got some snow in Auburn Alabama!

Attachment 1041201

Door handles along with the windows were frozen shut

Attachment 1041209
Hey, I'm in Auburn too! Everyone said to stay off the streets... but I couldn't resist

__________________
'98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L | 4" Pro Comp Lift | 33x12.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers | Two 10" Polk Audio Subwoofers | 2 Amps (800w Eclipse and Alpine MRP-1000 Mono) | Kenwood Head Unit | Ham Radio w/ Comet SBB-7 Antenna (Call Sign: KK4BUE) |CB Radio | Hella Vision Plus Conversion with 50w 6k HID bulbs | Lotta Lights |
chopstix333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #92771
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptjman2000 View Post
Cancelled my order for my Rustys steering and ordered the currie setup!!(: the local 4x4 shop didnt place the order for the rustys yet anyhow so its all good plus i got a much better setup.
I believe you will be happy you did, you will like the Currie setup
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #92772
Brians77
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLJeeper
Did you paint the interior tan? If so, what paint did you use. I've got a set of 1/2 doors I need to change the door panel color.
It's sem color coat. The color is camel. You can order it from summit racing. It cost 9.95 a can
Brians77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #92773
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians77 View Post

It's sem color coat. The color is camel. You can order it from summit racing. It cost 9.95 a can
Coming from someone who's done their entire dash/doors/console:

1. Make sure you prep very well
2. Sem holds up better than the duplicolor stuff in my experience
3. Prep, prep, prep
4. A clear coat of some sort is highly, highly recommended for longevity
5. Prep
6. Did I mention it's mostly about the prep work?....everything must be CLEAN & use a good adhesion promoter

...7. Prep...

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #92774
SouthFLJeeper
Member
 
SouthFLJeeper's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 107
Ordered some from Amazon. What exactly needs to be done to prep it correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Coming from someone who's done their entire dash/doors/console:

1. Make sure you prep very well
2. Sem holds up better than the duplicolor stuff in my experience
3. Prep, prep, prep
4. A clear coat of some sort is highly, highly recommended for longevity
5. Prep
6. Did I mention it's mostly about the prep work?....everything must be CLEAN & use a good adhesion promoter

...7. Prep...

Sent by a messenger bird
__________________
'00 TJ Sahara - 1" Body Lift, awaiting many upgades
'00 TJ Sahara (R.I.P.) - 2.5" Rancho Lift, 2" BB, 1" Body Lift, 35" XTerrain's, Warn 9000lb Winch, Warn Bumpers & Sliders
'05 Excursion 6.0 Diesel
SouthFLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #92775
bwall_1972
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellefontaine, Oh
Posts: 15
Replaced the old chrome headlight bezels with these black ones. Inexpensive upgrade but, makes a huge difference I think!
image-1139954316.jpg

bwall_1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.