What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6180 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 01-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #92686
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Change them with the hub on. Thats how we did mine. Worked just fine.
How do you set the caps back with the hub on?

Unread 01-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #92687
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

traded a guy these corbeau seats for my stock ones. he wanted to be able to tilt them and get his kids in the back. loaned him my rear seat since i'm not using it and hes getting a blue one this weekend from his buddy that might match my new seats better
These things are hard to get into with the large lip on the side and the steering wheel but real comfortable might have to get some seat risers. I don't think these are the regular Cobeau rs seats most people run in their tj's i was looking at some of the threads about them and no one has these giant lips and i cant figure out what model these are on the website probably outdated on their website. Anyone Know what seats they are? Plan on refinishing the seats with my grandmas partner guy can do anything. But i like them but definetly a learning curve i got to get used to climbing in to them.

put these genright back up lights on not sure how much i like them maybe when i get out to the woods i can see how bright they are might need to lower them though.

got my mudflaps put on and fix it ticket signed off and paid for California highway patrol doing their job

took them right off after that.
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #92688
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
Got my front hockey puck bumpstops glued in (used red RTV) and they are SOLID. Im surprised by how strong that RTV is.

Any tips for getting the rear bumpstop rubber bumpers out of the cups on the rear? I would prefer not taking out the springs if I had a choice; but I cant get those stupid things to break free. They turn with some pliers, but will not twist out. Also, what size bolt is for the rear bumpstops? Im just gonna put some hockey pucks under the bumpstop and extend them a bit.

Also, adjusted my rear pinion a little.
10mmx1.25 pitch
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #92689
tulman22
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhelle View Post
Finished my homemade window roll (looks great!)
Waiting for my security deck enclosure... (its taking forever!!)
Got a picture?
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #92690
gumby_144
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mounted my over the mirror switch console I built. I tried to upload a pic but I can't crop enough to get it to load. I have to figure how to turn the resolution on the phone down and maybe it will load than
gumby_144 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #92691
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How do you set the caps back with the hub on?
Pressed them with a vise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #92692
yellowrangler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Tj needs help!!!

Does anyone have a I6 motor for sale in good/great condition? My TJ is not running well. Loud clattering deep in the engine. I'm unsure of the actual problem, the shop i took it to just told me to buy a new engine but we all know that they just want to make a buck. any thoughts?
yellowrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #92693
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrangler
does anyone have a i6 motor for sale in good/great condition? My tj is not running well. Loud clattering deep in the engine. I'm unsure of the actual problem, the shop i took it to just told me to buy a new engine but we all know that they just want to make a buck. Any thoughts?
v8

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #92694
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking he could have mine for free......... if he installs a V8 in mine.
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #92695
JeepUke1
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Put some decals on the hood with my amateur radio callsign;
ve7jws_decal.jpg

JeepUke1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #92696
FireMark93

Jeep randomly shook uncontrolled after cornering this morning.. No clue, checked out my suspension and steering no issues. U joints maybe? Trans and transfercase need new fluid hopefully no big chunks of metal come out...
But, removed spare from tailgate, getting anxious with my cargo basket half done. Want warm weather to paint some parts and plasti dip the whole thing!
FireMark93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #92697
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattific
What do the red numbers mean in the pass airbag spot?
Outside air temp.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #92698
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142
that looks really clean, where did you get the mounting plate/the piece around the radio lol
Best buy.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #92699
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMark93 View Post
Jeep randomly shook uncontrolled after cornering this morning.. No clue, checked out my suspension and steering no issues. U joints maybe? Trans and transfercase need new fluid hopefully no big chunks of metal come out...
But, removed spare from tailgate, getting anxious with my cargo basket half done. Want warm weather to paint some parts and plasti dip the whole thing!
What kind of shacking? How did you check your steering? U joints won't cause uncontrolled shacking.

Live Free,
Brad
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #92700
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Monstaline

Live Free,
Brad
1390852098106.jpg  

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.