What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 616 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #9226
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

went wheelin'

bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #9227
Red2001sport

Bds

When i got into this obsession, i had no idea what i was doing (still dont). Your BDS lift is the first ive seen other then mine, makes me feel like i actually dot something thats decent
Red2001sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #9228
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

started to highline my jeep

1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #9229
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing special. I replaced a headlight. I'll be checking all the fluids a bit later today.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Flex-A-Lite electric fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, Rubi susp, 3/4" Daystar BB.
dexetr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #9230
Lawdodge
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Got the LJ back from the shop with the new RE 5.5" Long arm installed!!!
Mine - 2004 Unlimited Red 5.7L HEMI, NV241 4:1, RE 5.5" Long Arm, 35's on Champion Beadlocks, MetalCloak fenders and front bumper, Hanson rear bumper, 4.88's, ARB's, Alloy 33 spline D44 shafts, HP44 hybrid front w/ WJ outers, D44 rear ... and to much more .
RED JEEP CLUB #436
Lawdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #9231
scottman
2010 JK Wrangler 

Installed new entry guards to protect my tub sills from scuffs...
scottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #9232
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I took it to the Bar for Cars aka the gas station. I make it a daily stop after work. about $12 a day to work and back.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #9233
JBWood05TJ
Cut to Fit-Paint to Match

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I finished wiring up the LED turn signals and markers after the tube fender install.
JBWood05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #9234
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mounted, plumbed and wired my compressor under the hood.

rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #9235
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just washed it - and I'm going to hit the trails tomorrow
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #9236
john NC
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
Mounted, plumbed and wired my compressor under the hood.
looks nice, why did you run the hose into the air box? this is my n00b question of the week
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #9237
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john NC
looks nice, why did you run the hose into the air box? this is my n00b question of the week
Thats the low pressure intake for the compressor. I figured rather than use the crappy foam filter and plastic assembly that came with it I would use the Jeep's filter.
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #9238
ElPaso2007
2007 JK Wrangler 

I bought it

I didn't know much of anything about Jeeps except that I wanted one. I do landscape photography, and everything in America that is worth shooting that no one else has shot before lies down a dirt somewhere, and I'd just about worn out my old '93 Mazda pickup going where only a fool would go in one. The day it almost tumbled down the side of a mountain because it didn't have four wheel drive made me think Jeep, Jeep. This seed of a thought eventually sprouted into a full blown obsession over the next 8 months.

All I did for my Wrangler today was sign the papers and drive it home...but what a day. After three weeks of haggling and test driving it happened, I found the Wrangler just perfect for me. A clean '04, shiny black with black soft top, chrome bumpers, step down panels, and the big tires, brand new tires, sitting in the corner of a lot where no Wrangler had been been seen before. I knew because I had checked every dealership in Las Cruces on a daily basis now for 21 days. This was a new face, for sure.

A quick glance inside revealed it did not have the hated automatic transmission, hated by me because very painfully I had backed away from two previous deals only because the vehicles were automatic versus standard. The test drive was awesome. Not one strange sound. Good cold air for those 100 degree New Mexico days. A bit boat-like at highway speeds because it had been lifted a bit to make room for the big tires, but, hey, this was my jeep. When you finally find it, you know. That put me at the mercy of the dealership, of course, but since I had been on my way to sign papers on a different deal that was already approved, I was in a pretty strong position to bargain them down to a reasonable price --- a better deal, in fact, than I had been on my way to sign on an '03.

So I bought it and drove it home. Then I drove it down Baylor Canyon Road, a graded dirt road that runs in front of the mountains near here, killed it, and had a smoke under the moonlight realizing this was the best vehicle I ever bought. I'd been cruising along comfortably between 15-25 mph over ground the pickup had to take at 5-15 mph. I'd engaged the 4wd and driven on the sandy shoulder of the road. I even went about 1/4 of a mile down a little road I'm not sure was really even a road, maybe just a little arroyo, turned around and gotten back with no sweat. What a machine...

So, hello, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions along the way, and perhaps eventually will be able to contribute back, although I suspect that part will be a long time coming considering the experience I'm seeing on this forum.

I'm already wondering what is the best kind of auxiliary lights to put on the front bumper. When I was going down the arroyo more light was definitely needed. Well, here we go...

Last edited by ElPaso2007; 01-12-2008 at 12:03 AM..
ElPaso2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #9239
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexico2007
I didn't know much of anything about Jeeps except that I wanted one. I do landscape photography, and everything in America that is worth shooting that no one else has shot before lies down a dirt somewhere, and I'd just about worn out my old '93 Mazda pickup going where only a fool would go in one. The day it almost tumbled down the side of a mountain because it didn't have four wheel drive made me think Jeep, Jeep. This seed of a thought eventually sprouted into a full blown obsession over the next 8 months.

All I did for my Wrangler today was sign the papers and drive it home...but what a day. After three weeks of haggling and test driving it happened, I found the Wrangler just perfect for me. A clean '04, shiny black with black soft top, chrome bumpers, step down panels, and the big tires, brand new tires, sitting in the corner of a lot where no Wrangler had been been seen before. I knew because I had checked every dealership in Las Cruces on a daily basis now for 21 days. This was a new face, for sure.

A quick glance inside revealed it did not have the hated automatic transmission, hated by me because very painfully I had backed away from two previous deals only because the vehicles were automatic versus standard. The test drive was awesome. Not one strange sound. Good cold air for those 100 degree New Mexico days. A bit boat-like at highway speeds because it had been lifted a bit to make room for the big tires, but, hey, this was my jeep. When you finally find it, you know. That put me at the mercy of the dealership, of course, but since I had been on my way to sign papers on a different deal that was already approved, I was in a pretty strong position to bargain them down to a reasonable price --- a better deal, in fact, than I had been on my way to sign on an '03.

So I bought it and drove it home. Then I drove it down Baylor Canyon Road, a graded dirt road that runs in front of the mountains near here, killed it, and had a smoke under the moonlight realizing this was the best vehicle I ever bought. I'd been cruising along comfortably between 15-25 mph over ground the pickup had to take at 5-15 mph. I'd engaged the 4wd and driven on the sandy shoulder of the road. I even went about 1/4 of a mile down a little road I'm not sure was really even a road, maybe just a little arroyo, turned around and gotten back with no sweat. What a machine...

So, hello, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions along the way, and perhaps eventually will be able to contribute back, although I suspect that part will be a long time coming considering the experience I'm seeing on this forum.

I'm already wondering what is the best kind of auxiliary lights to put on the front bumper. When I was going down the arroyo more light was definitely needed. Well, here we go...
Welcome to JF! You've officially entered the almighty Jeep world. And it is safe to say, in this specific thread, that you made the right choice going with a Wrangler.

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 12:33 AM   #9240
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
Thats the low pressure intake for the compressor. I figured rather than use the crappy foam filter and plastic assembly that came with it I would use the Jeep's filter.
Brilliant!!!

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.