What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #92326
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Downloaded an FSM for it and dodged through all of this Obama traffic and street closures.
where did you find the downloadable version? Pdf format?

BDS - Savvy - Brown Dog - AtoZ - Metalcloak - Cooper - RC
rdock31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #92327
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdock31 View Post
where did you find the downloadable version? Pdf format?
http://www.lockitupoffroad.net/phpBB...php?f=2&t=4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #92328
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjeeves View Post
Cut the chip out of my jeep key and siliconed it to the ignition, now I have 4 keys and it cost me 15$ instead of like 400
And you also defeated one of the best anti-theft devices found in any vehicle... Good job. Let me know what your insurance company says when your jeep gets stolen.
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #92329
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just drove it today but had a chance to drive it last night on some incredibly dark backroads after installing an ARB (IPF) H4 heavy-duty headlight wiring harness yesterday and all I can is WOW! The difference is phenominal now with the low beams that it's like having a football field of light in front of you that not only extends far forward but to the sides as well. The high beams are excellent now too but it's so good even on the low beams that I didn't need them. My headlights are aimed properly too so I'm not blinding anyone.

I already was using genuine Hella E-codes with OSRAM Silverstar 55 watt bulbs on the stock wiring for the past year which was a slight improvement but there is no comparrision now. If you haven't upgraded your headlight wiring, it's money well-spent even if you don't plan on using high-wattage bulbs.
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #92330
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Cut the chip out of my jeep key and siliconed it to the ignition, now I have 4 keys and it cost me 15$ instead of like 400
If I were you, Id find a way to hide it, so you can only engage it. Maybe sneak it in the glove box or something, and when you want to start it, hold it to the ignition for the 10 seconds or so it takes to register it.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #92331
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo

If I were you, Id find a way to hide it, so you can only engage it. Maybe sneak it in the glove box or something, and when you want to start it, hold it to the ignition for the 10 seconds or so it takes to register it.
That chip is way too small, this is only the start tho I'm hoping to get a new removable steering wheel and hopefully eventually convert to push button start
Cptjeeves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #92332
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That chip is way too small, this is only the start tho I'm hoping to get a new removable steering wheel and hopefully eventually convert to push button start
I don't mean to be....rude....but why are you disabling a good (very good) anti-theft device & planning on disabling your airbag?

Idk what state you're in...or what your insurance company would have to say about disabling your airbag and your only anti-theft device...& I just don't see the benefits.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #92333
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Had my CB checked by a pro shop, SWR was spot on. I'll have to remove the radio for them to up the output, but I'm not too worried about that. Need a heavier spring on the antenna to perform better on highway, but they were out. Not too worried about that either...works great on the trails.

Then finally got me some top notch clevis shackles, as I have lost a couple over the years and finding the shortage inconvenient at times.

Really should change the oil one more time since rebuild...might get to that tomorrow, might not

Need to inspect my steering and axle locators for tightness before wheeling on Sunday.

Planning to get with Willis36 to rebuild my traclock on Saturday.
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #92334
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97

I don't mean to be....rude....but why are you disabling a good (very good) anti-theft device & planning on disabling your airbag?

Idk what state you're in...or what your insurance company would have to say about disabling your airbag and your only anti-theft device...& I just don't see the benefits.

Sent by a messenger bird
Disabled it cuz I only had one key which my friend almost lost, and actually doing this my jeep will me more secure as I was leaving the key in it (not to loose it) but now that I have a few I can take it out. As for what state I'm in, I'm in Canada and northern Canada at that, besides its not like its very hard to undo
Cptjeeves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #92335
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I did nothing to it, but I did 2 things for it.

Scored a 5 pack of these bad boys from a roadside collector of things. Washing them up now so I can paint em' and get em installed.

JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #92336
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Translation: everyone knows each other and it isn't hard to hide the bodies.

Quote:
Disabled it cuz I only had one key which my friend almost lost, and actually doing this my jeep will me more secure as I was leaving the key in it (not to loose it) but now that I have a few I can take it out. As for what state I'm in, I'm in Canada and northern Canada at that, besides its not like its very hard to undo
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #92337
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Removable steering wheel? To wear on a necklace like flava flav?

Hey, maybe you can be the first to shoot for the the "clap-on" start option.

Good luck, I just got my codes so I can re-code my doors to match my ignition key. Hated carrying 2 keys about.
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #92338
LukeADukes
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin
A rust inhibitor and corrosion resitant that comes in a spray can or gallon cans. Ever wonder why plow/salt trucks don't look like giant rust buckets even though they only see winter work? Most towns absolutely drench their vehicles in this and its been around for years. It's non conductive, non tacky, wont freeze and you can literally spray it on anything so everything under my jeep gets hit It's an amazing product that has a bizillon applications, definitely recommend it as necessary for anyone in the rust belt
How did you get it into the inside of the frame well?
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #92339
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My parking spot at the fire dept. Christmas party..
img_20140111_180656_942_zpsb7b975f7.jpg  
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #92340
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeADukes View Post
How did you get it into the inside of the frame well?
This is similar to what I used to spray Fluid Film in my frame.
http://www.eastwood.com/undercoating...FahDMgodIAIAEQ
Ferrachi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.