What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6153 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #92281
TomTJ97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Forgot the pic ha
it's perfect because they look clean and there's so much room to wire them up.
I'm planning on putting driving lifts on my push bar eventually and doing exactly what you did here and put the switches right next to each other

TomTJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #92282
jlp437
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Stuck a group 65 battery in the TJ. Fits like glove. The battery tray needed a massage with an angle grinder and I used a hold down kit from Walmart
jlp437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #92283
JStMarie
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Changed sway bar links on my '06.

Manually adjusted the "automatically adjusting" rear brakes on the '98. One of the adjusters was seized opposite the thread side. Opened up the thread side and sprayed some PB Blaster in there and let it sit. Once I got the end off I cleaned her up and put her back on. Can park the manual on hills again without thinking I'll come back to to it crashed at the bottom of the hill.
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #92284
Mattific
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Currently building a tire carrier for my tj

image-3067451416.jpg

This is how it looks as of right now. Gotta add the D-ring tabs, mount on the back to attach it to the frame, and the stock tire carrier will be welded onto the 2 bars on the tire carrier. Then it will get powder coated and be done!
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #92285
carbert
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattific View Post
Currently building a tire carrier for my tj

This is how it looks as of right now. Gotta add the D-ring tabs, mount on the back to attach it to the frame, and the stock tire carrier will be welded onto the 2 bars on the tire carrier. Then it will get powder coated and be done!
Pretty sweet....hows that latch mechanism? Works well?
carbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #92286
Mattific
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbert
Pretty sweet....hows that latch mechanism? Works well?
Seems like it'll work. There's a little bar at the left end where the tire carrier ends that the latch pulls it down onto. There's a plate behind it too spit won't swing back too far. I'll have to see how it holds up on the trails though
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #92287
Dave02TJ
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattific View Post
Seems like it'll work. There's a little bar at the left end where the tire carrier ends that the latch pulls it down onto. There's a plate behind it too spit won't swing back too far. I'll have to see how it holds up on the trails though
Those latches work great when mounted horizontally, so I imagine it will work equally well vertically for you.
Dave02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #92288
91rrc
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin
Fluid filmed the jeep, this stuff is amazing...recommend it to anyone in the rust belt
What is fluid filmed?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
91rrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #92289
aquezada
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glake
Finished up the trunk on my LJ.
Nice job!
aquezada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #92290
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rrc View Post

What is fluid filmed?

A protective coating
http://www.fluid-film.com/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 05:41 AM   #92291
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrant View Post
Found out my LJ came with both tops like the ad said, but no frame for the soft-top. That's gonna be a task to find.
If you were closer to me, I'd let you have the one in my garage (missing a few small pieces, but mostly there). Those things are too big to ship.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #92292
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rrc View Post
What is fluid filmed?

A rust inhibitor and corrosion resitant that comes in a spray can or gallon cans. Ever wonder why plow/salt trucks don't look like giant rust buckets even though they only see winter work? Most towns absolutely drench their vehicles in this and its been around for years.

It's non conductive, non tacky, wont freeze and you can literally spray it on anything so everything under my jeep gets hit

It's an amazing product that has a bizillon applications, definitely recommend it as necessary for anyone in the rust belt
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #92293
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Motor mounts showed up last night.

WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #92294
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Installed an ARB (IPF) H4 headlight wiring harness this morning. It was cheaper than the rallylights harness when I bought it and the quality is great. Couple things to note:

-You don't need to remove the headlights, only the headlight bezels to make it a bit easier to move the loom through the grill up to the driver's side headlight.
-The majority of the wiring/relays is set up to be on the passenger side and use the passenger side headlight plug as the trigger. This worked to my advantage as I did not want to use the OEM driver's side headlight plug since it has been causing me issues for the last few months.
-I mounted the relays on the firewall to the right of the heater core box. The relays/relay plugs are very heavy-duty and large so if you have or are going to install a cowl intake, you might have to great creative with mouting them.
-There are three small plugs in the wiring loom attached to the relays. These are not used as ARB included them for Toyota truck applications.

Overall the install was very simple (took about an hour taking my time), headlights work great, and as an added bonus my TJ runs/performs better and starts easier since I cleaned the all of the battery/cable connections at the same time.
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #92295
ryan97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my 2" BDS lift. Gained about 2-3/8" in rear, and near 3.5" up front, but my original front springs were in bad shape and sagging horribly. Added a 3/4" spacer in the front as well, now the front sits about 1/2" higher than the back. I expect a little settling though, and when I take the hard top off after this winter should be nice and level I would expect.

I was not planning on the front axle shifting roughly 1.5" though with a 2" lift. Looks like adjustable track bar will be ordered shortly.
ryan97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.