What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6145 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #92161
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLJeeper View Post

I'm planning on doing one of the RE lifts. Curious why you switched out the 4.5 springs with the 3.5?
Coming from a guy who has swapped out all of my re arms, stay away from re. Spend the little extra and get the metal cloak lift. It will save you cash in the long run. Plus the dual rate springs ride a lot nicer.

Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #92162
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

image-2397165127.jpg

Ended up sliding off the highway b/c a ******* trucker cut me off. girlfriend didn't take a pic of the 3' snow bank I went through first, that little pole in front of the jeep stopped me. Lol. Embarrassing thing is I had to pull it out with our lincoln aviator. Only damage is it took out both my lights mounted on the winch fair lead and a bent tie rod. Snow bank was part snow and part solid ice chunks
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #92163
deek05
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the serpentine belt...no more squealing/chirping!
deek05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #92164
tvwebguy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new speedo gear.
tvwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #92165
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got my TenFactory chromo shafts today, hope to get them and my Novak installed this coming week once it dries up.
Unread 01-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #92166
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Installed new psc steering pump, old one was sounding bad. New tensioner and new free wheel as well since they too were squeaking

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #92167
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New mirrors to replace the one I snapped off on the trail. (Got two for $50 instead of just one for $35)
image-1724509046.jpg

LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #92168
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my new AGM battery, dual terminals is so nice. Plus wired in some new headlights.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #92169
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMtnJeep View Post
The Echelin brand from NAPA is a quality replacement, too. Much cheaper than the stealership. Got my TPS there, no issues.

I got mine from Auto Zone

It is a BWD Throttle Position Sensor

It had NASCAR logos and endorsement on it and was made in China

6 months thus far
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #92170
cbrant
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Out with the old:
image-14-.jpeg
'99 TJ - 114k miles

And in with the new:
lj1.jpeg
lj2.jpeg
'04 LJ with 67k miles

It's a beaut. Sorry for the huge second pic.
cbrant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #92171
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrant
Out with the old:

'99 TJ - 114k miles

And in with the new:

'04 LJ with 67k miles

It's a beaut. Sorry for the huge second pic.
Oh you don't want that. You better give it to me.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #92172
Pbeabout
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Started the day getting a new muffler. Managed to split the seams on Monday when it was -11 outside. Must have flooded it a little and them popped the muffler. Left the muffler shop and got parts to do the rear brakes. Grabbed shoes and drums and a hardware kit. Later discovered I needed the adjuster kits as well. I'll never understand why people cut those. They are not that hard to install. Also discovered a leaking wheel cylinder so I decided to replace both of those as well. Should have left well enough alone as I twisted the break line off on the one that was not leaking and had to make another trip to pick up a piece of break line. Anyway, finally finished and breaking much better that when I bought it last Friday.
Pbeabout is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #92173
LukeADukes
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbeabout View Post
Started the day getting a new muffler. Managed to split the seams on Monday when it was -11 outside. Must have flooded it a little and them popped the muffler. Left the muffler shop and got parts to do the rear brakes. Grabbed shoes and drums and a hardware kit. Later discovered I needed the adjuster kits as well. I'll never understand why people cut those. They are not that hard to install. Also discovered a leaking wheel cylinder so I decided to replace both of those as well. Should have left well enough alone as I twisted the break line off on the one that was not leaking and had to make another trip to pick up a piece of break line. Anyway, finally finished and breaking much better that when I bought it last Friday.
Welcome to the forums
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #92174
cbrant
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Oh you don't want that. You better give it to me.
Oh... Alright PM your address and I'll get it on a truck ASAP!
cbrant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #92175
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced squealing tensioner and idler pulleys. Cold weather had them voicing their opinions after 136k miles and I didn't want to hear it. Lol
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.