What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6135 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #92011
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Had a blast today on the trail.. I ended up getting two cracks in my fuel cell, broke my center cap on my rear passenger rim, and sheared a bolt on my control arm which was fixed with a torx wrench and duct tap. My wife however is officially a bada$$ bought her JKUR last night at 6pm, we hit the trails at 1030am. She wheeled the snot out of it. She walked away with nothing but skid plate scrapes. I don't have any pics of the obstacles at this moment, I will share those later.

lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #92012
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ohh and I just got done pulling the fuel cell... It is heading off to a friend of a friend to get welded up tommorow morning... Wish my mig was setup for it.
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #92013
jtstj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new battery and brand new cables. This after having purchased it from a used car dealer just days ago! ARG!!!
jtstj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #92014
glake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hooked up my lights for flat towing and took off the ugly plastic bumper ends.
glake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 02:32 AM   #92015
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my broken transmission mount with one of these:
image-1554627007.jpg

Spun a nursert out when reinstalling the skid... Replaced it with one I had sitting around that I got from black magic brakes a while back.

Repainted the frame rail after grinding some rust off. While I waited for the paint to dry I took a look around...

Found out my d30 pinion seal is leaking... I have had vibes at ~50mph since I lifted the jeep and I have long since guessed that it was my pinion angle. I too the leaking seal as an indicator that I was probably right and removed my front driveshaft. Turns out it was, but I think it is my pinion angle causing it and not the ds being out of balance.

While removing the driveshaft I noticed that one of my front stock upper control arms is bent...

Re-greased my suspension and steering...

Found out one of my Johnny joints in my rear uppers had spit part of the urethane bushing out the side... Emailed Gerald at Savvy about the issue and about getting some adjustable front uppers to replace the bent one and fix the pinion angle. I sent the email at 1130pm central time and he got back to me in under 2 hours. He explained that that issue is normally caused by over greasing and said he'd toss one in my order for the front uppers. I can't say enough good things about Gerald and Savvy. Buy from them whenever possible people.

I also found out that the boot on my drag link tie rod end has a pin hole in it...

Ugh...

Made a shopping list for tomorrow...
686keydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #92016
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Had a blast today on the trail.. I ended up getting two cracks in my fuel cell, broke my center cap on my rear passenger rim, and sheared a bolt on my control arm which was fixed with a torx wrench and duct tap. My wife however is officially a bada$$ bought her JKUR last night at 6pm, we hit the trails at 1030am. She wheeled the snot out of it. She walked away with nothing but skid plate scrapes. I don't have any pics of the obstacles at this moment, I will share those later.
whats that sticker on the roll bar say?
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #92017
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142 View Post
whats that sticker on the roll bar say?
Not lost... Geographically misplaced
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #92018
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
Told it it's getting a younger brother today as I fly off to pueblo, co for the LJ. Can't wait to bring it home!!!
I grew up there.....
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #92019
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686keydragon View Post
Attachment 970794

Spun a nursert out when reinstalling the skid... Replaced it with one I had sitting around that I got from black magic brakes a while back.

Repainted the frame rail after grinding some rust off. While I waited for the paint to dry I took a look around...

Found out my d30 pinion seal is leaking... I have had vibes at ~50mph since I lifted the jeep and I have long since guessed that it was my pinion angle. I too the leaking seal as an indicator that I was probably right and removed my front driveshaft. Turns out it was, but I think it is my pinion angle causing it and not the ds being out of balance.

While removing the driveshaft I noticed that one of my front stock upper control arms is bent...

Found out one of my Johnny joints in my rear uppers had spit part of the urethane bushing out the side... Emailed Gerald at Savvy about the issue and about getting some adjustable front uppers to replace the bent one and fix the pinion angle. I sent the email at 1130pm central time and he got back to me in under 2 hours. He explained that that issue is normally caused by over greasing and said he'd toss one in my order for the front uppers. I can't say enough good things about Gerald and Savvy. Buy from them whenever possible people.

I also found out that the boot on my drag link tie rod end has a pin hole in it...

Ugh...

You running poly motor mounts as well? I have heard (not experienced) that mixing rubber and poly is not ideal.
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #92020
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Some video of yesterday. The wife's stock JKUR made the video.

Here I am parked on an angle to relieve some stress on the cracked fuel cell and you can see the JKUR up on the side of the hill.

East coast wheeling doesn't even compare. Good riddance South Carolina.
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #92021
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Attachment 970794

Ugh...

Do you get more vibes with poly mount

Live Free,
Brad
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #92022
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards
You running poly motor mounts as well? I have heard (not experienced) that mixing rubber and poly is not ideal.
I am using the stock motor mounts. What's the reasoning behind it not being ideal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
Do you get more vibes with poly mount Live Free, Brad
I definitely have more vibes when stopped and first starting out, nothing crazy but more than with the stock mount. Once it's moving I don't notice any vibes.
686keydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #92023
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I am using the stock motor mounts. What's the reasoning behind it not being ideal?

I definitely have more vibes when stopped and first starting out, nothing crazy but more than with the stock mount. Once it's moving I don't notice any vibes.
I think some ppl report vibes with poly motor mounts & sticking with rubber trans mount.

I don't think there're bad vibes with my poly mm & trans mount

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #92024
LC_Sahara
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new pioneer Bluetooth receiver. Best interior mod you can do. Links up to my iPhone instantly when in range and the sound is clear!
LC_Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #92025
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New Bestop went on yesterday after my rampage took a crap on me. Still in safari mode due to the beautiful weather we are having here in sunny san diego.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.