What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6112 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #91666
jarrodblake
1997 LJ Wrangler 

New smittybuilt tonneau cover came in.

Now I need to add a lip to the willys tail gate to keep it sealed up.

jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #91667
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

For those that asked for a write up on the panel and fuse block, here's what I've got so far.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/w...block-1914898/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #91668
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

thanks man it looks like a good project that im dipping into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
For those that asked for a write up on the panel and fuse block, here's what I've got so far.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/w...block-1914898/
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #91669
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89 View Post
thanks man it looks like a good project that im dipping into myself
No prob.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #91670
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

just bolted up my smittybuilt corners. Man i might be in some trouble getting the leds cut out my hole saw just wasnt cutting it and stuck a bunch became very dangerous so i need to figure out another way. anyone have any tips? I can take it all off at my grandmas tomorrow here partner has a nice shop im going to be using tomorrow for motor mount swap and he has a acetylene torch i can do it with but ive never been able to do a sturdy cut with a torch. I have a black and decker jig saw id need to pick up some heavy duty blades though.

also i dont like the look of the corners next to my sliders. has anyone sanded these down flat and repainted them to match. i think thats what im going to do.
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #91671
jeeprubi2005
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Took my drivers seat apart to find the squeak and found some cracked metal so i broke out the welder and fixed it all of 30 min work
jeeprubi2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #91672
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Repaired the blown center console subwoofer with only slightly more than popsicle sticks and chewing gum.
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #91673
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89 View Post
You got a wrtie up on that switch panel and fuse box? Im about to add a ton of switches and want to design something
The best in cab remote is the one that re-uses the plug that comes on the winch remote. Remove and record the wiring pin out on the switch end. Plug the other end into the winch. Route it through the engine compartment to the dash location of your choice, mount and hook up the switch.

If you want an arm switch, break the ground side and run it through a simple On Off switch with a guard on it.

That way you never have to delve into the solenoid wiring, it takes no skill or understanding of wiring and if you want to use a remote from outside the rig, simply unplug the dash mounted version and plug in the remote.
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #91674
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The best in cab remote is the one that re-uses the plug that comes on the winch remote. Remove and record the wiring pin out on the switch end. Plug the other end into the winch. Route it through the engine compartment to the dash location of your choice, mount and hook up the switch.

If you want an arm switch, break the ground side and run it through a simple On Off switch with a guard on it.

That way you never have to delve into the solenoid wiring, it takes no skill or understanding of wiring and if you want to use a remote from outside the rig, simply unplug the dash mounted version and plug in the remote.
That isn't a bad idea. I just like the clean integrated look and don't mind figuring out the wiring. It wasn't hard at all but I enjoy this so it may be more difficult for someone else.

Quote:
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #91675
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
That isn't a bad idea. I just like the clean integrated look and don't mind figuring out the wiring. It wasn't hard at all but I enjoy this so it may be more difficult for someone else.
I wanted an in dash winch control with an arm switch (and flashing arm light) so I did this (I installed it there so that it could be used while standing outside the Jeep):

Added a harness plug at the winch for the dash control that allowed the original Warn remote harness hook-up plug to remain in place:

And added switch on the front of the winch (with flashing arm light powered from the dash arm switch) for respooling the winch line:

I haven't used the Warn control harness after installing this setup, its been stored in one of my tool bags for over 8 years without use...
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #91676
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
I wanted an in dash winch control with an arm switch (and flashing arm light) so I did this:

Added a harness plug at the winch for the dash control that retained the OEM remote control hook-up cable mount in place:

And an switch on the front of the winch (with flashing arm light powered from the dash arm switch) for respooling the winch line:

I haven't used the Warn harness control cable after installing this setup, its been in one of my tool bags for over 8 years without use...
Looks like a smiley face on the front of your winch

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #91677
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
I wanted an in dash winch control with an arm switch (and flashing arm light) so I did this (I installed it there so that it could be used while standing outside the Jeep):

Added a harness plug at the winch for the dash control that retained the OEM remote control hook-up cable mount in place:

And added switch on the front of the winch (with flashing arm light powered from the dash arm switch) for respooling the winch line:

I haven't used the Warn control cable harness after installing this setup, its been stored in one of my tool bags for over 8 years without use...
Nice. Mine has an arm switch as well and the upper light will be the arm light. I like the flash idea. Can't integrate that into mine unfortunately, unless I used another separate light. I had thought about integrating one into the cluster somehow.

Quote:
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #91678
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Looks like a smiley face on the front of your winch
I've been told that a time or two:

I just tell them that I have a happy Jeep.

I made that cover from a mud flap to keep dirt and mud (mud = dum) off my winch line...

Unread 12-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #91679
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a great idea and way to keep the line clean

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #91680
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling up in big bear.
image-1261797478.jpg

image-3121011009.jpg

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.