What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6091 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 12-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #91351
WranglingMI
Michigan

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Installed 2 inch lift kit and ate a sandwich, got Jelly all over the damn seat!

Unread 12-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #91352
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Made paracord grab handles image-1958711561.jpg
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #91353
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well it was my battery tray that was rattling.... Its all welded up and quiet now.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #91354
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

MC mid caps, fixed fair lead, steering skid, and XRC8 installed last night. Amsteel Blue line arrives on Monday.

Unread 12-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #91355
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar
MC mid caps, fixed fair lead, steering skid, and XRC8 installed last night. Amsteel Blue line arrives on Monday.

Definitely looks much better!

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #91356
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
Started looking at going to another insurance company. They have been good up until now but the new axles are making them squirrely. Recent threads have made me start looking into my policy closer, they have riders in place that allow minimal modification and have been good until now. My local Offroad group has recommended another insurance company and I talked to them today. He was saying a lot of the big players are hesitant on covering any modification and to put it bluntly a lot of the ricers are going to have a shock if they ever need to make a claim.
Advice if you haven't looked at your insurance fine print you may want to...
That's not anything new by any means.

Several of the "big players" will allow you to purchase additional coverage for modifications, but most companies will assume (or just not care) that you're driving a stock vehicle and will not reimburse you for damages or losses above what the actual vehicle is worth.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #91357
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

Several of the "big players" will allow you to purchase additional coverage for modifications, but most companies will assume (or just not care) that you're driving a stock vehicle and will not reimburse you for damages or losses above what the actual vehicle is worth.
That's what I did with NationWide Insurance. Took pics of everything and documented it all.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #91358
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

Oh no, it's worse than that, they won't even honour it and will deny any claim if they don't approve of your modifications and their rider says that. Then you have to take it to court and hope to win. Up till now I have informed them and they have been ok but I brought up my pending axle swap and all of a sudden they are all "erm,hmm, yeah about that..." so I think I found their line in the sand. Some insurance companies (TD for example) say absolutely NO modifications at all. Zero zilch, nil, nada.

I would be ok with them not covering any modifications (I would like it if they did even more) but the concern I have is with liability coverage. Losing a couple grand is bad enough but being sued for 2 Million, yeah not a fan of that.

The new insurance company is going to be more money but everyone says they are good. The guy from the new company said from a description of what I have it should be easily approved and I just need to send a list of the modifications and pictures.
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #91359
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If that's your concern, you should have a PUP. It's a Personal Umbrella Policy, and it's what will cover your *** in the event that your auto insurance bails on you when you need them the most.

If you take a step back and look at the big picture, you'll see why modifying a vehicle to the extent (to the average person) seems like such a big liability. It doesn't add value to your vehicle to begin with in most cases, but it can potentially make your vehicle more dangerous on the streets.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #91360
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Transmission is mated to the new block and under the Heep. This is the home stretch. Aside from tightening some bolts and plugging some plugs, the last little hurdle should be cutting and mating the old exhaust to the new down pipe.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #91361
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Took this picture
image-2748335100.jpg

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #91362
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

I've hear you could use a classic car insurance company. They will cover any highly modded vehicle. I saw an article in c&d about owners of restored classics being damaged, and not getting the value of everything back. Im talking $50k-$150k cars. Im not an insurance guy, so it got a little confusing. But I believe it was saying, you use your regular insurance company for legal/liability coverage, and then the other for reimbursement on the value? Its worth a look to ask around at some car shows.

HENDRIX, that's a bad *** picture.

On a side note, my wife's attempt at a surprise Christmas present failed. I have no clue what it is, so I'll have to wait and see. Its heavy, and clanks around...thats about all I know. That, and it was supposed to be delivered next door so the wife could keep it a secret. I guess brown Santa is so used to coming to my house with auto parts, they didn't look at it good. The wife is kinda bummed about it. I have plenty of time to sit here and think about what it could be. Its been an hr and is already killing me

Unread 12-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #91363
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finally finished my Windstar intake since eBay finally got the elbow back in stock.
image-701588366.jpg

LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #91364
ltonfiremedic

Rebuilt the rear brake cylinder and bled the brake system...
ltonfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #91365
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
Took this picture
that actually looks Photoshop LOL
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.