What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6088 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #91306
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerokie View Post
About 50 from what I see. I replaced mine this year I thought it was 40 or so from napa. Good luck sir
Thanks man! Found it at oreilleys, $43, AND I have $30 in rewards coupons. Today the Jeep giveth

SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #91307
Donzo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've been doing small repairs to my Jeep

Replaced the gas struts on the hardtop hatch - no more "bonks" on the head

Put in a new shifter boot bezel so the boot stays put

Drained and flushed the coolant system

Drilled out the door strap anchor screw that had broken and replaced

put in a new battery - old one was still working (poorly) but was gonna get me stranded now that it's getting cold.

Been driving the Jeep a lot - snow to play in

If you want to argue...go talk to yourself.
Donzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #91308
jlp437
2006 TJ Wrangler 

After getting some things stolen out of my Jeep, I got a new lockable steel 3cf box and attached it with aircraft cable to the loops in the rear.

It could still be stolen, but someone would have to be using cutters and not just reach in and grab. So I'm happy.

Pics to follow.
jlp437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #91309
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06philaTJ View Post
The third brake light bulb I bought from superbrightleds.com and the stock socket accepts either 194 or 921 size bulbs, which are pretty common. Here's a link to it: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...se-tower/1563/ and it seems like it improved the reaction time of other drivers behind me. It's pretty bright and disperses light well since the stock housing for the third brake light is small plus you don't have to mess with or change the flasher since it's not on the flasher circuit. Make sure you buy it it in RED to match the color of the reflector though. You may find it cheaper on ebay as I only bought mine from superbrightleds since I had good luck with them in the past.

The 2357 bulbs for the two tail lights are just standard bulbs you can buy at even walmart and they are a bit better than stock. I do have projector LED bulbs as backup lights in the stock housing which work great but took some minor modification to work properly so it was about the same price as buying off-the-shelf backup lights from walmart.

Thanks for the response. Gonna add it to my list of bulbs on order and see how she works. Now to figure out which LED dome light replacement to order.
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #91310
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp437 View Post
After getting some things stolen out of my Jeep, I got a new lockable steel 3cf box and attached it with aircraft cable to the loops in the rear.

It could still be stolen, but someone would have to be using cutters and not just reach in and grab. So I'm happy.

Pics to follow.
I'm always get things stolen out of my jeep. I miss my McGregor batting gloves dearly, also miss my 4-way lug wrench.

I recently installed these http://www.mcgard.com/index.php/auto...eep-door-locks as I came out to jeep one afternoon an didn't recall removing the doors. In fact I just put them on for a wet weekend camp/trail ride.

Bastards!
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #91311
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoody View Post

I'm always get things stolen out of my jeep. I miss my McGregor batting gloves dearly, also miss my 4-way lug wrench.

I recently installed these http://www.mcgard.com/index.php/auto...eep-door-locks as I came out to jeep one afternoon an didn't recall removing the doors. In fact I just put them on for a wet weekend camp/trail ride.

Bastards!
I had to explain to roommates at school that my jeep was no less secure in our parking garage topless/doorless & in fact overall it was safer having my windows & doors locked in my room than on the jeep

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #91312
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Thanks man! Found it at oreilleys, $43, AND I have $30 in rewards coupons. Today the Jeep giveth
Don't worry tomorrow she'll take away X2! that's my luck anyway
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #91313
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Filled up the tank yesterday, drove ~20 miles and now it's down a quarter of a tank
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #91314
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

received my 14b diff cover from ballistic fab. Still need to figure out what hi-steer arms I want to use on my 60.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #91315
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Filled up the tank yesterday, drove ~20 miles and now it's down a quarter of a tank
Are you sure it was actually filled? I've put gas in mine before where it cut off and the handle wouldn't stay held in (as if it was full) but later realized it had only put a half a tank in.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #91316
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Are you sure it was actually filled? I've put gas in mine before where it cut off and the handle wouldn't stay held in (as if it was full) but later realized it had only put a half a tank in.
Eh I don't know, I used the self pump handle thing and stared into the sky as it filled. Clicked and I assumed it was full.
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #91317
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Eh I don't know, I used the self pump handle thing and stared into the sky as it filled. Clicked and I assumed it was full.
Yep. Betcha thats exactly what it was. Jeep fillers can be extremel finicky.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #91318
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did some light-duty wheeling.
Just running through some trails along the river ... we've had a lot of rain the last few weeks... lots of mud and LOTS of erosion ... made for a slow, rough, but fun ride! (and went through a few hundred rounds of .40 S&W while we were out there )
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #91319
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Painted the wheels today
image-3126259364.jpg

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #91320
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The driveline issues have gotten serious enough that dad does not want me driving home. Looks like my step dad is going to have to drive the Powerstroke and gooseneck all the way to Raleigh and back to get my POS home. I am so done with this POS.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.