What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6085 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 12-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #91261
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Just confirmed to myself that I will be spending a lot of time and money over break fixing god knows what. This bad popping under accel is getting worse and doesn't take nearly as much torque to instigate as it did when it started last Friday. Feels like teeth skipping on something. Everything is getting drained and examined next weekend when I get home, if I make it home before something blows. This is my life with this POS.
Can you pull the rear shaft & see if it's ok in fwd?

Sent by a messenger bird

jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #91262
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Can you pull the rear shaft & see if it's ok in fwd?

Sent by a messenger bird
Yea I might. Just a PITA to do in the cold and wet parking lot. Plus I need to study for exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #91263
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would jack up the rear, put it in gear and see if you can isolate it.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #91264
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
I would jack up the rear, put it in gear and see if you can isolate it.
Well the issue is it is only under load and high strain, so I don't think I'd be able to tell anything without starting to open stuff up.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #91265
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Peeled all my tailgate stickers due to popular demand. Now hours of sticker residue remain... Thinking about buying a warrior products tailgate cover to just make it all disappear
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #91266
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Going home tomorrow and I'll be putting the Jeep on stands. I'll be tightening, greasing, and cleaning everything on there. I've decided I do want to sell it to get a WJ so if anyone is interested in some Savvy sliders and a UCF UHC skid and engine skid (both aluminum), PM me. Both are unused still in packaging in my garage.

edit: More pm's than I was expecting.

Sliders- $450 plus shipping
UCF engine skid and tcase skid- $600 plus shipping

Not willing to separate engine/tcase skid yet.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #91267
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just confirmed to myself that I will be spending a lot of time and money over break fixing god knows what. This bad popping under accel is getting worse and doesn't take nearly as much torque to instigate as it did when it started last Friday. Feels like teeth skipping on something. Everything is getting drained and examined next weekend when I get home, if I make it home before something blows. This is my life with this POS.
I think your jeep is possessed. We need to have a seance. The power of Chrysler compels you!
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #91268
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Speakeasy
When using front wheel drive, does your jeep shake when making turns?
No not really. It chirps tires rather easily coming from a stop though. It also chirps them a lot in parking lots.

I'm being super light on the skinny pedal tho. If I frag my dana 30 then I'll really be SOL.
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #91269
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Well the issue is it is only under load and high strain, so I don't think I'd be able to tell anything without starting to open stuff up.
That's bad. Good luck.

Inspect your drive shaft before driving it. Maybe some bolts came undone.
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #91270
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I think your jeep is possessed. We need to have a seance. The power of Chrysler compels you!

If I thought that would help, I'd be all for it.

Quote:
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #91271
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Finally making some visible progress on the motor replacement. If it doesn't fire up tonight, it will be very close to done.
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #91272
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is it a constant popping or just a single pop felt through the floor? If just a single pop, I'd bet money on control arm bolt loose, especially since you just messed with them.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #91273
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Peeled all my tailgate stickers due to popular demand. Now hours of sticker residue remain... Thinking about buying a warrior products tailgate cover to just make it all disappear
Heat gun and Goo-Off.
irnmadn88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #91274
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21
Going home tomorrow and I'll be putting the Jeep on stands. I'll be tightening, greasing, and cleaning everything on there. I've decided I do want to sell it to get a WJ so if anyone is interested in some Savvy sliders and a UCF UHC skid, PM me. Both are unused still in packaging in my garage.
:thumbsdown: WJ's are nice though.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #91275
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

Thanks for making me laugh in the middle of the quiet library

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.