What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6084 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #91246
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobert View Post
Just don't forget to get around to doing it! I meant to do the same thing and forgot. Then I was winching a stump in my back yard. It was a big stump and kept dragging the jeep so I anchored the rear bumper to a big cedar tree and doubled up the line on the winch. well I nearly ripped the bumper off and bent up the mounting points. Its bolted in all the holes now and I added rokman frame tie ins for good measure. The jeep will rip in half before my bumper comes off now!
I was going to do it tomorrow, but now that I look at it installed, I'll have to take the whole thing off in order to install the tie ins. I can't reach the top hole that needs to be drilled through with the bumper installed. Since I'm going to have to mess with the gas tank skid bolts again, I'm going to run it dry so it is easier to drop the tank and get them in. Emptying the tank is easy to do on a TJ though

BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #91247
Mr_Speakeasy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002
Topped off my front and rear diff fluid. Started my front wheel drive adventure.

Looked on Craigslist for a new rear axle.

What's a reasonable price for a used rear dana 35? A reasonable price for a used dana 44?
When using front wheel drive, does your jeep shake when making turns?
Mr_Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #91248
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Speakeasy View Post
When using front wheel drive, does your jeep shake when making turns?
Mine chirped tires pulling into parking spots. Not what I'd call shaking though. Other than that, it allowed me to drive the Jeep back and forth 45 miles each way to work for a week and a half.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #91249
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
only a couple days now of driving but it man the acceleration is smooth. I have a lot of mods including: jet satge 2 chip, bored 64 mm TB, bored 64 mm tb spacer, bored 64mm manifold with smoothed runners by NALIN (awesome work btw!), gen right PS pulley, 4 hole injectors, magnaflow hi flow cat with xlerator stainless muffler-all 2.5 from banks header back, aem hi flow filter, flex a lite e fan conversion and now roller rockers. It really brought all the mods together and the exhaust is a little throatier.

I am making an appointment soon for a dyno and will report back! I have always wanted to install the roller rockers and it was more of icing onthe cake rather than necessity.

As far as operating temps and friction, it is hard to tell right now with it being so cold. Drivetrain is much, much quieter. No more ticks or stumbles. Idle dropped slightly too.
I did all of that besides the rockers on my 2.5 yj. I think i might have noticed a difference. Didn't really get more power, it just seemed to change where i made it. The regear made the biggest difference. But after all was said and done, i wish i would've just saved the money. I would've been able to do the 350 swap alot sooner then what i did.

However, I am considering doing some more upgrades to the stroker. Its a base crate motor(stage 1), with the only upgrade being the 4 holes. I did do the 24lb/hr in place of the stock 19lb/hr, just so i could have a little more fuel support if i decided to mod more. Rockers, t-body, exhaust were one of the things I've considered. I would like to get inside the head and open it up a little, then port match the intake, and add a small cam(mopar purple). The problem is lack of tunability. I guess i could always add a megasquirt for tuning...
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #91250
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
It was dark last night when I posted, here's a shot with the ecco's

It not leaning, the ground is not side to side level

I miss the black look, but these ride so much smoother
The Eccos ride smoother? What was previous rim?

I just got a set of Eccos based upon them being 9lb less than steelies. I will black them out.
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #91251
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

I had Summit Racing brand soft 8's(which i strongly recommend against). They were 15x8 with 3.75 bs, and 33x10.50 km2's. Right out of the box 3 were slightly out of round, and one was wobbly, and off up and down. I didn't think to have the tire shop check them before mounting the tires, which I usually do with cheap steelies. Since they were mounted, I couldn't return them. Sucks. I didnt know whether to be mad at summit or not. True, 4 rims weren't even balancable right out of the box. But they do state the policy, which I knew pretty good. Several different shops tried several different times, and roadforce wouldn't even work. The tires started wearing unusually quick, and were just starting to wear funny. I was going to wait until tax time and get aluminum pro comps, but couldn't hold out. I got the Ecco's for $75, then sold my soft 8's to a club member for his trail only rig for $100. They were also able to be balanced dead on. The tire shop weighed both of them for me, and the Ecco's were 12lb lighter each(13 if you count all the wheel weights lol). I have about 90% tread on my km2's, so I can now wait until i make the switch to 35's to worry about new rims. I also have a set of spidertrax 1.25" spacers I've been holding on to, so i plan on using them, and plastidip(or painting) them black. I think the bs and width of them would suit the 10.50's a little better. I think they will look better then the soft 8's afterwards. Im just happy to have gotten rid of all my driveline, and tire vibes. Here's a before shot.
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #91252
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

In the middle of my 300 mile drive home for break
image-1182037698.jpg

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #91253
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ View Post
I was going to do it tomorrow, but now that I look at it installed, I'll have to take the whole thing off in order to install the tie ins. I can't reach the top hole that needs to be drilled through with the bumper installed. Since I'm going to have to mess with the gas tank skid bolts again, I'm going to run it dry so it is easier to drop the tank and get them in. Emptying the tank is easy to do on a TJ though
Yup, I had to lower the tank when I did mine. It is a lot easier with a nearly empty tank. And you are right, it doesn't take long to empty a TJ tank. With my commute I have to gas up every two days...
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #91254
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got my rear winch mount done and the bumper mounted, still have a couple of items to do, add backup lights and a couple of frame tie ins on the bottom.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #91255
Leffnasty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished up ordering my Christmas presents to myself.. 2.5" OME springs, Bilstein shocks, procomp alloys, and some 33" BFGs. Perhaps early birthday too
Leffnasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #91256
jeepnsparky
1996 TJ Wrangler 

Stock Rollcage material?

I met with an engineer today to get my roll cage certified. I built it to the comp specs here in Australia, but they have changed the rules so I need to get it engineered. The first question was, What type of material is the main hoop? AHH I know it is 57mm OD and 3mm thick. Does anyone know or where I could find out what material type or grade the main hoop is? He's looking for MPA or PSI rating.
jeepnsparky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #91257
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced lower radiator hose, was leaking AF this morning.
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #91258
ThatFool
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post

Then you should have bought a larger lift? I mean why buy it, then complain that it's too small? i've had mine on for 3.5 years or so and run 33s on it very well with a 1.25" BL.
It was a joke. Always wanting to upgrade a Jeep
ThatFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #91259
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Found the rattling sound in my dash... Ended up being a crack in the firewall where my homebrew battery tray is mounted.. didn't fix it yet though, hopefully I will have time to break out the welder tonight.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #91260
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just confirmed to myself that I will be spending a lot of time and money over break fixing god knows what. This bad popping under accel is getting worse and doesn't take nearly as much torque to instigate as it did when it started last Friday. Feels like teeth skipping on something. Everything is getting drained and examined next weekend when I get home, if I make it home before something blows. This is my life with this POS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.