What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6082 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 12-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #91216
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryant View Post
Took a little break from the V8 swap to do some bumper work. I am lucky to have access to a CNC laser, so I drew up this. It just tacked in right now. I ran out of welding wire. After looking at it, I was thinking I need to add more to it. Like put a grill hoop and maybe a short stinger. Thoughts?
I think it need a small winch protection hoop...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #91217
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Minimal...mostly "befores" for reference. Really only halfway done though, anything you looking for in particular?

I did properly measure my Sachs flywheel though, and it is indeed conical. Still haven't been able to access my factory takeoff for comparison, but I'll be reunited with it some day, lol.
No, just wanted to keep up with your project.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #91218
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
Removing new one from crate, swapping old one into the crate
lame
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #91219
muddy05tj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Put on my new 2 inch BDS lift... Can't wait till spring to put my 31s back on haha stupid little snow tires
image-3512389552.jpg

image-1704918509.jpg

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 31" Cooper Discoverer STT wrapped around Dick Cepek DC-2s, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Rock Ready Steering Box Skid, Rigid Industries Duallys Windshield Lights, Trucklite LED headlights, BDS 2in Suspension, JKS 1.25in Body Lift, JKS 1in MML, JKS Quicker Discos
muddy05tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #91220
ThatFool
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy05tj View Post
Put on my new 2 inch BDS lift... Can't wait till spring to put my 31s back on haha stupid little snow tires
Love my 2" BDS lift. It only has one problem.. Its 2 inches.
ThatFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #91221
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFool

Love my 2" BDS lift. It only has one problem.. Its 2 inches.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #91222
ThatFool
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post

I wish it was larger.
ThatFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #91223
JStMarie
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil in my '98. Was the first oil change since the head was replaced, about 5k miles.

Used oil looked good, no evidence of any coolant or anything else you don't want to see. Been checking it all along to make sure nothing untoward was happening in that little 4-banger.

Also reattached the tailgate weather seal using a little 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Worked great. Stuff is very thick and tacky straight out of the bottle. It don't take much so if you use it don't over do it.

JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #91224
kajones
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I changed out my spedometer gear to compensate for my 4.56 gears and 35s. Now when it says that I am going 65mph Its actually right and not 15mph off....
kajones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #91225
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadaction View Post
Installed a MBRP exhaust on my TJ yesterday. The version that dumps right after the muffler, no tailpipe.

She looks and sounds sexy... to bad nobody will see it! Just have to figure out the drone issue...
I think there may be a corellation between the lack of tailpipe and the drone.
Very pretty though
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #91226
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post

No, just wanted to keep up with your project.
I already work way too slow, stopping for pics would bring it to a halt, lol.

The new longblock is in, sitting on the mounts, but thats it. Just dropped off the core. Heading out to garage now to clean up/organize and then start putting stuff back on it. Timing cover/harmonic balancer first, then windage tray, oil pump and pan. Then probably valve cover and fuel rail and the rest of the intake stuff, then water pump and accessories, then I imagine I'll put the tranny in. Will have to figure the best time to go about installing and setting up the OPDA...might actually do that first while I can view the timing marks and rockers.

Gonna be a long day
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #91227
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
I already work way too slow, stopping for pics would bring it to a halt, lol. The new longblock is in, sitting on the mounts, but thats it. Just dropped off the core. Heading out to garage now to clean up/organize and then start putting stuff back on it. Timing cover/harmonic balancer first, then windage tray, oil pump and pan. Then probably valve cover and fuel rail and the rest of the intake stuff, then water pump and accessories, then I imagine I'll put the tranny in. Will have to figure the best time to go about installing and setting up the OPDA...might actually do that first while I can view the timing marks and rockers. Gonna be a long day
You slow?? Lol! Get that thing up and rolling.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #91228
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post

I already work way too slow, stopping for pics would bring it to a halt, lol.

The new longblock is in, sitting on the mounts, but thats it. Just dropped off the core. Heading out to garage now to clean up/organize and then start putting stuff back on it. Timing cover/harmonic balancer first, then windage tray, oil pump and pan. Then probably valve cover and fuel rail and the rest of the intake stuff, then water pump and accessories, then I imagine I'll put the tranny in. Will have to figure the best time to go about installing and setting up the OPDA...might actually do that first while I can view the timing marks and rockers.

Gonna be a long day
When I replaced my engine all I did was line up the dots on the timing then put it all together and in the jeep. The last thing I did was install the distributor... But I put my engine completely together before I put it back in...

wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #91229
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post

When I replaced my engine all I did was line up the dots on the timing then put it all together and in the jeep. The last thing I did was install the distributor... But I put my engine completely together before I put it back in...

yeh I need to check the procedure, the OPDA is a little more finicky, I believe...I think you have to be TDC on COMPRESSION stroke for #1...anyway, about to check in to my FSM now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post

You slow??
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #91230
Jayson44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

took it snow wheeling and almost got stuck. found out that my winch works, and works well.

had an engine block heater installed. also found out that my heater sucks no matter what...so I guess a new heater is in order?

also re-installed my washer reservoir that the PO had taken out when he had the Nemesis fenders put on. clean windshield!

J.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #280
I build websites
Jayson44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.