What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6069 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 12-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #91021
chrisejandaddi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove
Are those the e-autogrilles rocker guards? They look good
Yes they are. They changed their design, I got these a few months ago. I'm happy with them. FedEx dropped the box and scraped them up so e-autogrilles gave me a $100 refund which was fair.

chrisejandaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #91022
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisejandaddi
Yes they are. They changed their design, I got these a few months ago. I'm happy with them. FedEx dropped the box and scraped them up so e-autogrilles gave me a $100 refund which was fair.
Sounds like a killer deal. I'm jealous. I like this design better than my smittybilts
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #91023
chrisejandaddi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove
Sounds like a killer deal. I'm jealous. I like this design better than my smittybilts
I'm happy with them. The install was easy and the hardware was good quality. I liked these because they come up higher than other rocker protection. I had some trail rash that was easier to cover than fix. These will prevent future rash as well.
chrisejandaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #91024
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I adjusted my door strikers.

Old doors were stolen and new doors didn't fit 100% correctly. For the most part I had an even gap all the way around the door. The issue was that the top/rear of the door jutted out into the wind a 1/4" or so. I had excessive door rattle with the slightest of city pot hole/bumps and a good amount of wind "howl" at hwy speeds. A good gravely wash board road made the door rattle non-stop.

I searched this forum for good bit and found out that the strikers, didn't even know their name before the search, were in fact adjustable. My up/down and for/aft were solid so I was glad I didn't have to go and attempt busting the door hinge nuts free as my doors have been twice painted and I dread all torx bolts. Results are a good 90% less door rattle on the bumps. I can no longer see daylight between my door seal and body. I didn't get up to hwy speed, but I am hoping for that whistling wind noise in my ear to be gone. It reminded me of those silly deer whistle things people use to put on car bumpers.

I also cleaned and sanded up 2 of my 5 rims for painting.

Beer time.

JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #91025
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Changed my axle shaft ujoints. Wow, was that fun.
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #91026
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
Changed my axle shaft ujoints. Wow, was that fun.
Me too, but on my spare shafts. Messed up one seal so I need to replace it again.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #91027
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Mine were siezed in place. The ujoint tool just bogged down the impact wrench. Bfh did nothing. I had to add heat. I can't imagine what guys with rust go through. They went in easily, just getting them out was a pita. Prolly would have been easier if I had a big *** socket to take the unit bearings off the shaft. The drivers side joint was siezed in place, almost like the needle bearings(which were dry) started to weld to the cross.
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #91028
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered some F-250 front shock mounts to gain about 4 inches of shock height in the front. Too bad my shocks are only 1.5" too long... Ima order some shock pin extenders for the time being until I kill these ranchos
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #91029
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

Panel:
12voltguy custom:
http://www.12voltguy.com/TJ-POD-IN-DASH.html

Switches:
OTRATTW custom:
http://www.otrattw.com/products.php?cat=14

Fuse Block:
Blue Sea Systems:
http://www.otrattw.com/products.php?cat=2

Winch Control Harness:
12voltguy:
http://www.12voltguy.com/WINCH-WIRE-KIT.html

All wiring/cables and large terminals is ANCOR Marine stuff
West Marine
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...11151_10001_-1
Holy f-ing nuts!!! $400 for an aluminum switch holder for the top of my dash? Damn that's crazy...nice looking...but crazy.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #91030
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
Mine were siezed in place. The ujoint tool just bogged down the impact wrench. Bfh did nothing. I had to add heat. I can't imagine what guys with rust go through. They went in easily, just getting them out was a pita. Prolly would have been easier if I had a big *** socket to take the unit bearings off the shaft. The drivers side joint was siezed in place, almost like the needle bearings(which were dry) started to weld to the cross.
Mine took some mighty whacks from the BFH since they were used. I wish I had a ujoint tool for the install. I didn't realize some needle bearings must have gotten pushed down or fallen down from the first blow of the hammer and I had to take it off. That's when I messed up the seal. I'm going to get a ujoint tool for the new joint. I need to do my ball joints anyway.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #91031
LilyBayXJ
Wheels With Moose

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisejandaddi View Post
You got a discount because your rocker guards were scraped up?

That's a pretty good deal!

O/T, we got 3" of snow in Northern Maine today, so I mounted my Fisher plow and cleared the driveway for the first time this year!
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
TJ Boot Camp
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #91032
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pulled the cat and muffler trying to figure out where this annoying rattle noise is coming from. Turns out to be the rear driveshaft. No DS, no noise. So now I'm driving around in front wheel drive until I can figure this problem out.
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #91033
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002
So now I'm driving around in front wheel drive until I can figure this problem out.
It feels weird, doesn't it? I had to roll FWD weekend before last until my TW shaft came in.
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #91034
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00bz
It feels weird, doesn't it? I had to roll FWD weekend before last until my TW shaft came in.
It's so... Un-jeep-like.
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #91035
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

got the 4.5 inch RE springs, the RC 2.0 shocks, the C1500 brake lines, and the rear corners installed.
4.5-inch-lift.jpg  

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.