What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6059 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 11-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #90871
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday afternoon, I replaced the speedo o-ring to eliminate the last of my tcase leak, installed the new tom woods driveshaft and set the pinion angle. axle swap complete.

Unread 11-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #90872
lukearens
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a block heater and welded some hand me down rock sliders on the dirty bastard.

lukearens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #90873
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got to use my winch for the first time this morning, Firestone Destination M/Ts suck in the snow!! Slid off the highway down into the median, hooked winch to the back of a friends F250 and got right out though, getting new goodyear duratracs mounted in the morning
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #90874
RAYYOU
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Added a washer behind steering stops to stop tire rubbing frame and ordered bumpers. Trying to decide weather to order RC 4" short arm or long arm lift.
RAYYOU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #90875
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYYOU View Post
Added a washer behind steering stops to stop tire rubbing frame and ordered bumpers. Trying to decide weather to order RC 4" short arm or long arm lift.
First off I noticed you are fairly new to the forum and welcome. Are you set on rough country? Just curious. You may want to explore other options if you haven't already. There are plenty of write ups on this forum for lifts and rough country based on lots of experience often falls short of other companies and their suspension systems. I'd look into currie or metalcloak (my preference). Again welcome to the forum and I'm just lending some advice
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #90876
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
First off I noticed you are fairly new to the forum and welcome. Are you set on rough country? Just curious. You may want to explore other options if you haven't already. There are plenty of write ups on this forum for lifts and rough country based on lots of experience often falls short of other companies and their suspension systems. I'd look into currie or metalcloak (my preference). Again welcome to the forum and I'm just lending some advice
X2. I'd rather have no lift than an RC lift.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #90877
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYYOU
Welcome. I realize that RC is tempting because of the low cost.

Mainly its their shocks that are bad. If you do buy a RC kit, put some Rancho shocks in instead and sell the rough country shocks. That will improve the ride a bit.

However if you're considering the long arm kit then you have plenty of cash to spend on a much better kit. If i could choose any springs I'd go for currie. Maybe check them out
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #90878
RAYYOU
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input guys. The reason I was leaning towards RC is their kit looks very complete and has a good price. It's really hard to tell whether one is better than the others from the posts. It seems to just depend on what the poster likes or dislikes. You have not made my decision any easier. . I was just trying to keep from having to piece together a suspension as I have done in the past. Sometimes it works out great and some times not so much.
Thanks for the input and the welcome.
RAYYOU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #90879
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYYOU
Thanks for the input guys. The reason I was leaning towards RC is their kit looks very complete and has a good price. It's really hard to tell whether one is better than the others from the posts. It seems to just depend on what the poster likes or dislikes. You have not made my decision any easier. . I was just trying to keep from having to piece together a suspension as I have done in the past. Sometimes it works out great and some times not so much. Thanks for the input and the welcome.
In the end, going the RC route you'll most likely have to replace their parts with higher quality stuff. If you plan on keeping the jeep for a while, I suggest saving and putting better parts on it the first time around. And replace small things here and there if you have to.

BDS - Savvy - Brown Dog - AtoZ - Metalcloak - Cooper - RC
rdock31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #90880
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdock31
In the end, going the RC route you'll most likely have to replace their parts with higher quality stuff. If you plan on keeping the jeep for a while, I suggest saving and putting better parts on it the first time around. And replace small things here and there if you have to.
A thousand times, this... Going for cheap parts the first time only leads to having to replace them and spending more.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #90881
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdock31 View Post
I 100% agree with this. DON'T GO CHEAP!!! I can't say that enough. DON'T GO CHEAP!!! You will regret it.

1. Research your build before you ever start buying.
*what you want out of your rig
*terrain that you will be wheeling
*will it be used on and offroad or just offroad?
*look at what others are doing, many others, lots of build threads out there, then decide what you are capable of

2. Plan your build in stages if you are on a budget.
*Adjustable aftermarket control arms and trackbars can be installed while still stock and adjusted for lift later

3. Find a club in your area and talk to others that have been around a while and see what advice they have. Forums are great but can be skewed with those that have no idea what they are talking about.

4. RESEARCH SOME MORE! If your eyes start to bleed you are to a good start. (not kidding)

Best of luck to you and hope that you are happy when you finally do decide. Remember to be patient, jeeps wheel pretty great stock. Go out with a good group of guys a few times, you will be surprised what a stock jeep can do.
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #90882
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well raced the snow back from Ogdensburg and here is what I picked up:
New Diff Cover (for some reason it reminds me of Popeye)

Diff Spreader

Bearing Puller (knockoff of the Yukon model) and it works. I still have the old Dana 35 carrier from the 3.07 days and was able to pull off the bearing nice and easy.

Oh and something for me:
Unread 11-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #90883
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Decided to drill some holes in it.

Then filled said holes.

All lined up like it should so paint in the AM and final install in the PM, along with the flat skid if all goes to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #90884
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So I got word that the Artec lower control arm brackets I ordered for my HP30 wouldn't be here until next Monday and I had to come up with plan B so I would be able to have functional 4wd for the RBD ride at Morris Mountain this weekend.

So the only option was to try and straighten out the drivers side bracket that was damaged in the wreck in the XJ it came from, and after about an hour and a half with a hammer, pry bar, & a welder, we got it into workable condition for this weekend's ride.

Before:

image-2149456032.jpg
image-2531590021.jpg

After:

image-4069191913.jpg
image-864672690.jpg

I can't wait to ride this weekend. This will be my first ride with the new Rock Krawler long arm suspension, 8.8 & Detroit, & new 4.56 gears.
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #90885
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
That's allot of ATF. Can't tell where it's coming from?
I got a chance to lay in the fresh 2in of snow and found out that the tube that runs from the transmission pan to the radiator cooler popped off and dropped all the ATF.

Got it tightened back on and filled with ATF +4 and its back up and running!

Now its a little rough downshifting from 2nd to 1st.

And of coarse as soon as I got done fixing that I locked my keys in the jeep with no spare. luckly my insurance covers it and didnt have to pay the $80.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.