What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6056 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 11-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #90826
HKguy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
Did you change your shocks too? Just curious if the change in ride comfort was from the arms alone. Everyone swears it's only the shocks and springs that affect ride quality.
I opted to keep my 9000xl's on since they are pretty new and I can adjust the back ones to make up for not having a rear sway bar (previous owners doing) and I figured they would be better than what came in the package. The kit was a 5.5 lift and whatever brand lift was in it before the springs were the same height but somewhat less heavy. My ride height increased by at least 2 inches for now, we'll see how much it settles. I know my current stock axle setup (30, 44) is still giving me a little play due to age and wear but the drivabilty of it went from a 3 to a good 8. Highway driving was to the point of being white knuckle and here in the great state of Oklahoma the 45 mph crosswinds were pure hell. Now it doesn't lean on any corners and the bumps are a lot less sharp. Hopefully within a month my new 44's will be under it and I will get it aligned and really get an idea of how much improvement there was. I should have done this years ago.

Unread 11-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #90827
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to setting the toe and adjusting the link to straighten the steering wheel. Then I looked closely and noticed that my currie tb was pretty close to the d30 pumpkin...and I measured the axle and had to shift the axle over about 1/2 inch. Better clearence but that made me look long and hard at the curries 3" progressive springs just to give me a little more lift.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #90828
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
About to set my TJ on fire and roll it off a cliff. I'm on my second day of messing with my new starter. I bought the shim that they suggested at Advance Auto... which turned out to be the wrong shim. Then I tried to pick up new starter bolts, which they didn't have in the correct size. I then went to O'Rielly's to see if they had the correct hardware, which they didn't. The guy suggested I add a few washers to the bolt to make up for it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Nope! It's still grinding when I start. I can return the starter and be SOL for however long it takes to get a replacement shipped to me, or I can just live with the grinding until I come up with another idea. Buying another one flat out at a local store isn't an option at the moment. I'm tapped out
Isn't there a 3rd option? If either advance auto or oreillys can't help you isn't there another auto parts place you can go to?
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #90829
alan1560
2006 TJ Wrangler 

image-1417482764.jpg

3" bds to take place of front bb.
alan1560 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #90830
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Been a busy 2 days, replaced timing chain and gears, water pump,inlet tube, thermostat and fan clutch. No more clattering from the front of my engine and I have heat now!
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #90831
tjmdr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a 2" Zone lift on my son's '99 Sahara. I really like the ride. He is very happy with it.
Unread 11-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #90832
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Took it on a short wheeling tour of Durhamtown Tellico the tour was led by none other than Chuck from Tellico Cabins. Made some awesome new friends there too.
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #90833
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got my new metalcloak rear trackbar in. Took a little longer than expected, replaced the stock hardware with some grade 8 bolts that were a tighter fit. Doesn't quite clear the exhaust, but in their defense I have an aftermarket cat back and it's kind of twisted up.
image-4074893993.jpg

LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #90834
Wakeride89
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
About to set my TJ on fire and roll it off a cliff. I'm on my second day of messing with my new starter. I bought the shim that they suggested at Advance Auto... which turned out to be the wrong shim. Then I tried to pick up new starter bolts, which they didn't have in the correct size. I then went to O'Rielly's to see if they had the correct hardware, which they didn't. The guy suggested I add a few washers to the bolt to make up for it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Nope! It's still grinding when I start. I can return the starter and be SOL for however long it takes to get a replacement shipped to me, or I can just live with the grinding until I come up with another idea. Buying another one flat out at a local store isn't an option at the moment. I'm tapped out
It possible you warped you fly wheel and that's why it's hanging up. Might be worth at least looking at it.
Wakeride89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #90835
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not today, but over the last few days I did my SYE and CV shaft.

I pulled the TC right out; and it wasnt very bad (I did drop the thing on me though when I pulled it from the transmission... ouch) and I learned how it all works... kinda amazing how it works... its really simple.

I also raised my skid up (no need for a drop now!) and set my pinion. At the same time, I replaced my chain (the old chain had the same slack as the new one, but I figured I already had it so why not?) and painted the underside of my frame where the skid sits (it was rusting a bit).

Now, all I have to do to 'finish' my suspension is a new rear track bar and mount, front UCA axle bushings, and motor mounts (I know the mounts are pretty worn). At the same time as those, Ill do my front pinion seal too (kinda iffy on doing that myself...).
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #90836
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well this is what I woke up to this morning.. looks like im jeepless for a while..
img_20131124_093024_643_zps14293451.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #90837
ShakaBrahTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apayne View Post
Well this is what I woke up to this morning.. looks like im jeepless for a while..
Bummer! Hate that for you. What caused it?
ShakaBrahTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #90838
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apayne View Post
That sucks!
Unread 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #90839
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Welded in the passenger side JJ on my HP30 sitting in my garage.
It is a balmy -22*C outside right now. Brr.
Unread 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #90840
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakaBrahTJ View Post

Bummer! Hate that for you. What caused it?
Have no idea. It got very cold overnight so something must have not liked it.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.