What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6055 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #90811
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finished up the axle swap and picked up my front driveshaft from the shop. Chopped 2.5", balanced, new spicer joints and new centering ball for $200.

Took that guy home and bolted in. Test drive up to 70 mph with no abnormalities. Everything felt tight.

Monday the Tom Woods double cardan for the rear will arrive. It was a long 2 weeks driving the beater. Ha

Unread 11-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #90812
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Swapped out the steel wheel spare for an aluminum 5spoke YJ on my TJ. AND, finally balanced all my wheels.
I'd hit 55 and the vibration would scare the hebejeebes outta me! Lolz
Next comes the engine swap!
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #90813
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
How much would you say its costed to make those? I really like the look of them.
I got the projectors, HID bulbs, and ballasts for free, so I only have about $125 into it. But you could get a full kit from here http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227
And then the housings for $30 off of amazon and have it for $300. And I think that kit would be easier than my cut and glue together.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #90814
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post

That was my second choice.

Just going from memory, but isn't it a plate bolted to the skid with 4 7mm bolts or something like that

Sent from my TJ
iirc my trans mount took 4 nuts that were 5/16-18

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #90815
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Drilled holes in the frame and fed bolts through to make mounting points for my sway bars when not in use. In my top ten mods. Wont go through 10+ Zipties every time i Offroad now
image-4068523607.jpg

image-3245026022.jpg

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #90816
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can some one tell me what they ha to do to mount an xj rack onto a tj please? Thank you kindly in advance
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #90817
Wakeride89
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards
Got this stuff for my HP Dana 30
where did you get the replacement bushings and the new bracket for the front axle. Will these work in a typical tj dana 30?
Wakeride89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #90818
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
I got the projectors, HID bulbs, and ballasts for free, so I only have about $125 into it. But you could get a full kit from here http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227
And then the housings for $30 off of amazon and have it for $300. And I think that kit would be easier than my cut and glue together.
I may look into doing that. Thanks for that link.
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #90819
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pressed in the new Driver side JJ.

May look at doing passenger side this weekend as well. Instructions say cut it off at 2.5" above the tube. MrBlaine said in another thread to drill out the hole on the rear side so you can do a weld there. Will do that as well. Question is how big of a hole?
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #90820
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0
Swinging by the stealership to pick up a blower motor resistor... $14.00 in stock. Tired of having only mouse fart or hurricane settings. Sent from my TJ
And turns out, it's not in stock >

Waste of a drive.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #90821
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Brought it to the family reunion... Brothers silver, my khaki, and the wife's yellow. [IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Splatcat/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps29c6e26f.jpg/IMG] Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #90822
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

About to set my TJ on fire and roll it off a cliff.

I'm on my second day of messing with my new starter. I bought the shim that they suggested at Advance Auto... which turned out to be the wrong shim. Then I tried to pick up new starter bolts, which they didn't have in the correct size. I then went to O'Rielly's to see if they had the correct hardware, which they didn't. The guy suggested I add a few washers to the bolt to make up for it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Nope! It's still grinding when I start. I can return the starter and be SOL for however long it takes to get a replacement shipped to me, or I can just live with the grinding until I come up with another idea. Buying another one flat out at a local store isn't an option at the moment. I'm tapped out
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #90823
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

I'm on my second day of messing with my new starter. I bought the shim that they suggested at Advance Auto... which turned out to be the wrong shim. Then I tried to pick up new starter bolts, which they didn't have in the correct size. I then went to O'Rielly's to see if they had the correct hardware, which they didn't. The guy suggested I add a few washers to the bolt to make up for it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Nope! It's still grinding when I start. I can return the starter and be SOL for however long it takes to get a replacement shipped to me, or I can just live with the grinding until I come up with another idea. Buying another one flat out at a local store isn't an option at the moment. I'm tapped out
Why not just roll it on the back of my trailer? I'll get rid of that headache for ya.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #90824
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
Why not just roll it on the back of my trailer? I'll get rid of that headache for ya.
Come get it! lol. If it's not here in the morning, I'll assume it's been an answered prayer and my insurance company will buy me another.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #90825
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

I *may* have an old starter from an xj somewhere in the garage...I'll go look. If I have it, it's yours for the cost of shipping

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.