What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6052 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #90766
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbert View Post
How's that handel work..looka very sturdy
Its this latch. You pull down to open and push forward to close it. The spring loaded pull pin with the black ball on the end holds the handle in place.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...y-p-19993.html

Unread 11-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #90767
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

damn thing won't start. crankshaft sensor CEL, fml
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #90768
jetmech59

Finished the fenders and painted the body. Should I keep the grill black or paint it OD to match the body?
jetmech59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #90769
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech59 View Post
Finished the fenders and painted the body. Should I keep the grill black or paint it OD to match the body?
Looks good black

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #90770
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post

Looks good black

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
x2. I love me some OD and flat black together
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #90771
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech59 View Post
Either paint it OD, or repaint your sway bar cover black. I think it looks kinda funky mismatched, puts a lot of emphasis on the sway bar cover.
Tonellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #90772
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Replaced under warranty. Lasted two years. Maybe I'll get for total, then move up to agm.1385046639436.jpg
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #90773
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Did the case seals, and sye. Waiting on the rtv to dry
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #90774
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Changed out to the little winter tires haha
image-994465008.jpg

image-215960433.jpg

Cptjeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #90775
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I finally got my new starter today... I'm ashamed to say it's still not finished several hours later. I'm a big guy and it's hard for me to snake my arms through some of those crevices and twist in certain directions that you need to in order to access the starter. Carpal tunnel is also kicking my *** right now... I got it in, and it fires right up, but it makes a grinding noise when it's starting. I took it back out and checked the connections because I was afraid it wasn't sitting correctly and grinding against the flywheel or something. Checked alignment, and bolted it back up--but it still makes the noise.

Now I do want to mention one thing... The starter I pulled out might very well be the original starter, and there was only one bolt in it. It was only attached via the lower bolt near the transmission and oil pan. Obviously I want to get another bolt to install it the way it's meant to be, but it never made a grinding noise like that before and it was already only bolted in with one bolt.

Should I be alarmed? Or is it probably just that simple and I just need another bolt? ...or worse, am I going to have to return the starter and repeat this process again?

edit: after doing some searching, it does sound like flywheel grinding... I guess I need to look into shimming the starter. Agreed?
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #90776
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well today was pretty dang successful. I'm pretty confident we will have doubled our membership by time everyone joins up. There was also a large amount of people taking pictures from afar so I'm sure those will make it on Facebook and Twitter. Also sounds like we're going to have quite the crowd at our Dec 5-7 Uwharrie run.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #90777
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Noticed a clunking on acceleration and then a machine one again upon deceleration driving home today

I'm thinking control arms, but not sure yet.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #90778
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I finally got my new starter today... I'm ashamed to say it's still not finished several hours later. I'm a big guy and it's hard for me to snake my arms through some of those crevices and twist in certain directions that you need to in order to access the starter. Carpal tunnel is also kicking my *** right now... I got it in, and it fires right up, but it makes a grinding noise when it's starting. I took it back out and checked the connections because I was afraid it wasn't sitting correctly and grinding against the flywheel or something. Checked alignment, and bolted it back up--but it still makes the noise.

Now I do want to mention one thing... The starter I pulled out might very well be the original starter, and there was only one bolt in it. It was only attached via the lower bolt near the transmission and oil pan. Obviously I want to get another bolt to install it the way it's meant to be, but it never made a grinding noise like that before and it was already only bolted in with one bolt.

Should I be alarmed? Or is it probably just that simple and I just need another bolt? ...or worse, am I going to have to return the starter and repeat this process again?

edit: after doing some searching, it does sound like flywheel grinding... I guess I need to look into shimming the starter. Agreed?
I'm not an expert...but maybe the starter isn't disengaging fast enough or something.

I'd put the other bolt in & then I'd swap it for another one if it still grinds, before I'd start shimming it. My experience is sometimes parts store reman parts are hit or miss.

Sucks about having to squeeze back in there...Haha I'm not a big guy, if I were close I'd help ya out

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #90779
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Well today was pretty dang successful. I'm pretty confident we will have doubled our membership by time everyone joins up. There was also a large amount of people taking pictures from afar so I'm sure those will make it on Facebook and Twitter. Also sounds like we're going to have quite the crowd at our Dec 5-7 Uwharrie run.

That's awesome...there were like 8ish jeeps that were at my school & maybe 2-3 that wheeled...but I went to a small school.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #90780
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Technically not today.. But last weekend...

Installed a back seat
Swapped exhaust manifold
Swapped both front wheel bearings
Swapped the track bar
Swapped air filter
Swapped in new spark plugs
Changed oil and filter
Got a new set of 4 steel wheels
Rotated tires
Got aligned and balanced

GOT RID OF THE DEATH WOBBLE!
Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.