What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6049 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Reply
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #90721
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,179
lol

SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #90722
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
lol
Quit laughing and get that crank kit ordered.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #90723
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
Quit laughing and get that crank kit ordered.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
working on it
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #90724
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
working on it
I just emailed you

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #90725
powerstroke01
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ahwahnee, California
Posts: 407
Today i get to install my 50" led lightbar. And my rock lights. W00t
__________________
Jeepers do it in the mud. ;)
powerstroke01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #90726
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler
 
BLK00TJ's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hampstead, Maryland
Posts: 402
Well, it finally happened to me. I was trying to remove my skid plate so I could install my brand new exhaust and 2 of the 3 nutserts on each side are toast. I was able to get a sawzall in between the frame and skid to cut 3 of them off, but the 4th I'm trying to grind down the bolt since I can't fit the sawzall in there. Sucks. I've had that skid off 3x in the last 2 years with no problems. Bad stuff happens fast I guess.

I called the local 4x4 shop to see if they could do nutserts so I can get her back on the road today, but they are booked 3-4 weeks and told me it'd be $200. I think I'll do this one myself. I'll be ordering the nutserts from BMB today.

The good part is as soon as my batteries on the sawzall are recharged, I can cut the last exhaust bolt and at least have that done. I have just enough room with the passenger side of the skid hanging down to get in there.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #90727
0IIIIIII0
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ
Well, it finally happened to me. I was trying to remove my skid plate so I could install my brand new exhaust and 2 of the 3 nutserts on each side are toast. I was able to get a sawzall in between the frame and skid to cut 3 of them off, but the 4th I'm trying to grind down the bolt since I can't fit the sawzall in there. Sucks. I've had that skid off 3x in the last 2 years with no problems. Bad stuff happens fast I guess. I called the local 4x4 shop to see if they could do nutserts so I can get her back on the road today, but they are booked 3-4 weeks and told me it'd be $200. I think I'll do this one myself. I'll be ordering the nutserts from BMB today. The good part is as soon as my batteries on the sawzall are recharged, I can cut the last exhaust bolt and at least have that done. I have just enough room with the passenger side of the skid hanging down to get in there.
Wait!

I have 4 left from my kit...

What year tj?

Sent from my TJ
__________________
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #90728
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Wait!

I have 4 left from my kit...

What year tj?

Sent from my TJ
'00. They will be different IIRC. 1/2" vs M12 1.75
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #90729
wwch99tj
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Felton, Delaware
Posts: 2,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

'00. They will be different IIRC. 1/2" vs M12 1.75
They changed in 03. 97-02 and 03-06

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #90730
0IIIIIII0
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
'00. They will be different IIRC. 1/2" vs M12 1.75

Just so happens mine are for a '00. Had to replace them on my wife's TJ.


Pm me if you're interested in buying my sloppy seconds.
__________________
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #90731
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler
 
BLK00TJ's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hampstead, Maryland
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Wait!

I have 4 left from my kit...

What year tj?

Sent from my TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Just so happens mine are for a '00. Had to replace them on my wife's TJ.


Pm me if you're interested in buying my sloppy seconds.
I appreciate the offer. I think I'm just going to go ahead and replace all 6 though. I figure the last two can't be far behind. $33 isn't too bad of a price for 6 of them from Blaine.

Exhaust is done! Sounds great! Can't drive it though
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #90732
0IIIIIII0
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ
I appreciate the offer. I think I'm just going to go ahead and replace all 6 though. I figure the last two can't be far behind. $33 isn't too bad of a price for 6 of them from Blaine. Exhaust is done! Sounds great! Can't drive it though
Have fun with that lol....if I never replace those nutserts again, it will be too soon.


What a hassle.
__________________
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #90733
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler
 
BLK00TJ's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hampstead, Maryland
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Have fun with that lol....if I never replace those nutserts again, it will be too soon.


What a hassle.
I'm not looking forward to it. Especially with the weather getting colder now.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #90734
0IIIIIII0
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ
I'm not looking forward to it. Especially with the weather getting colder now.
Word to the wise if you go the bolt w/spacer install method, use a long enough bolt that you can get a pair of BIG vice grips on It. I used too short a bolt and could only grip it with a pair of channel locks with narrower jaws.

Made for a real PITA install.


There is a thread on here that explains how too get the old ones out fairly easily and I can vouch for the info. Removal was fairly painless.
__________________
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #90735
rikkards
Web Wheeler
 
rikkards's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 3,094
Finished the last flush of both my Transmission and my transfer case. Bloody cold doing it, it was like -7*C by the time I finished.
__________________
Machete don't tweet
- Machete
rikkards is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.