Replaced the 2 spinning nutserts on the wife's TJ.
My wife who was turning the bolt while I kept the nutsert from turning , decided to stop exerting upward force which let the breaker bar slip off and whack me in the chin. Just glad my mouth closed so no teeth were broken.
Still not convinced it was an accident.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
-Swapped front and rear axles for the locked, chromolied 44s I bought from a club member at fall run.
-Sold the old axles, pending pickup/delivery
-Swapped the RC lift for the 4" RC x-series (i know I know. However, an RC rep wheels with us and is a member of our club and gives us killer deals)
-Ordered an adjustable rear track bar which will be here monday
-Installed an SYE to lose the tcase drop
-Dropped off my front driveshaft at the shop for chop and balancing. Our club has a discount there too so I told him I wanted to go ahead and get new spicer u-joints put in while it was out and he offered to throw in a new centering ball while he's at it.
-Fixed my FUBAR'ed t-case linkage.
To Do list for this afternoon:
-Bleed the brakes front and rear.
-Fix a leaky radiator plug. I must of kicked a stick up at the club's fall run and broke the head off of it.
-Dial in the rear pinion angle
-Order a Tom Woods shaft. I'd get it built by the shop but he is slammed. We have a meeting at the Rough Country facility next Saturday and our shop guy said he just wouldn't be able to have it ready by then.
-Put the RC front adjustabe trackbar and dropped pitman arm for sale that came with the kit as I don't need them with the currie setup.
-Update JF profile
The little 4 banger has come a long way since I bought it 2.5 years ago and signed up here to ask what kind of set up I'd need to ride a few easy trails to the fishing hole on 31s. You crawl rock once and you're addicted. haha
The reason why I'm betting on a starter issue is because it used to do it every once in a while when it was cold.. Now it's getting to be more an more of an issue to where I almost can't get it to start anymore. I don't know anything about distributors.
You say electrical spinning; mine did that.. My teeth were ground off of my starter so there was no way for it to grab the flywheel.. And mine did have intermittent grinding/****ty noises prior to it being ground away..
Did the first of three fluid replacements for the TC as I found the fluid had turned a light whitish-red (aka water in the fluid). Easy job except with the UCF UHC TT skid and the lopro mount you can't empty it without having it get all over the skid since the drain bolt is lower than the lip of the skid. After doing it once I pulled out a 1&1/4 hole saw and made a nice little hole that is right under the drain for the next time. Planning on doing the transmission as well but for there I think I can cut off a bit of the lip instead of a hole. Will look at it tomorrow. May not even need to flush it more than once. I don't think I got water in it but figure if the TC did I might as well play it safe
Changed the clutch fluid and brake fluid. Then I cleaned out the throttle body and ran throttle body cleaner through it. Jeep actually idles a little quieter now. Pretty sure that's it for maintenance/mods till spring. Future plans are replacing the junked steering gear box (it's making a mess in my driveway) and changing out the shocks, and look at replacing the clunky transmission mounts. I'm curious how it's going to handle this winter, we get a lot of snow here..
If the guys jeep is built well, and he knows how to 4wheel, he wouldn't need an expensive winch?
I would think a better built Jeep would lead to trying harder trails, which in turn would lead to a greater chance of getting stuck harder, which would make you want the confidence associated with a better winch.
I started off with the plan to just change oil but I noticed that my rear wheel was covered in rear end oil so I picked up an axle seal and went to work. It all went down hill from there. When removing the seal I messed up the bearing and had to go back and get a new bearing. When I tried to put the new bearing in it broke. I ended up going through a couple before I got it installed. The cool part is that the final bearing that worked was made by my dad at Koyo. Now I gotta change the oil and fix the parking break.