What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6042 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #90616
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnmadn88 View Post

Speaking of snow plows...

I saw this one at a local Walmart. Also a comparison shot with mine on the left.

It looks awesome! I might go that route. We use a truck with a blade and loaders for work. The jeep would be good for fitting in some tighter spaces.

Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #90617
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced the 2 spinning nutserts on the wife's TJ.

My wife who was turning the bolt while I kept the nutsert from turning , decided to stop exerting upward force which let the breaker bar slip off and whack me in the chin. Just glad my mouth closed so no teeth were broken.

Still not convinced it was an accident.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #90618
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post

Still not convinced it was an accident.
See wife mod 1.0.
irnmadn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #90619
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The last couple of weeks:

-Swapped front and rear axles for the locked, chromolied 44s I bought from a club member at fall run.
-Sold the old axles, pending pickup/delivery
-Swapped the RC lift for the 4" RC x-series (i know I know. However, an RC rep wheels with us and is a member of our club and gives us killer deals)
-Ordered an adjustable rear track bar which will be here monday
-Installed an SYE to lose the tcase drop
-Dropped off my front driveshaft at the shop for chop and balancing. Our club has a discount there too so I told him I wanted to go ahead and get new spicer u-joints put in while it was out and he offered to throw in a new centering ball while he's at it.
-Fixed my FUBAR'ed t-case linkage.

To Do list for this afternoon:

-Bleed the brakes front and rear.
-Fix a leaky radiator plug. I must of kicked a stick up at the club's fall run and broke the head off of it.
-Dial in the rear pinion angle
-Order a Tom Woods shaft. I'd get it built by the shop but he is slammed. We have a meeting at the Rough Country facility next Saturday and our shop guy said he just wouldn't be able to have it ready by then.
-Put the RC front adjustabe trackbar and dropped pitman arm for sale that came with the kit as I don't need them with the currie setup.
-Update JF profile

The little 4 banger has come a long way since I bought it 2.5 years ago and signed up here to ask what kind of set up I'd need to ride a few easy trails to the fishing hole on 31s. You crawl rock once and you're addicted. haha
Unread 11-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #90620
ob269
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

Thanks guys!

The reason why I'm betting on a starter issue is because it used to do it every once in a while when it was cold.. Now it's getting to be more an more of an issue to where I almost can't get it to start anymore. I don't know anything about distributors.
You say electrical spinning; mine did that.. My teeth were ground off of my starter so there was no way for it to grab the flywheel.. And mine did have intermittent grinding/****ty noises prior to it being ground away..
ob269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #90621
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did the first of three fluid replacements for the TC as I found the fluid had turned a light whitish-red (aka water in the fluid). Easy job except with the UCF UHC TT skid and the lopro mount you can't empty it without having it get all over the skid since the drain bolt is lower than the lip of the skid. After doing it once I pulled out a 1&1/4 hole saw and made a nice little hole that is right under the drain for the next time. Planning on doing the transmission as well but for there I think I can cut off a bit of the lip instead of a hole. Will look at it tomorrow. May not even need to flush it more than once. I don't think I got water in it but figure if the TC did I might as well play it safe
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #90622
LilyBayXJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Fabbed up some light mounts for the 700FF's off my old Tacoma. I used 3/16 x 1" steel. They seem very solid. I'm going to paint the mounts to match and tie the lights into my high beams tomorrow.

1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
TJ Boot Camp
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #90623
lone_wolf77
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the clutch fluid and brake fluid. Then I cleaned out the throttle body and ran throttle body cleaner through it. Jeep actually idles a little quieter now. Pretty sure that's it for maintenance/mods till spring. Future plans are replacing the junked steering gear box (it's making a mess in my driveway) and changing out the shocks, and look at replacing the clunky transmission mounts. I'm curious how it's going to handle this winter, we get a lot of snow here..
lone_wolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #90624
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty505a View Post
If the guys jeep is built well, and he knows how to 4wheel, he wouldn't need an expensive winch?
How many well built Jeeps do you see without an expensive winch?...
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #90625
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead
^^This^^

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #90626
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty505a View Post

If the guys jeep is built well, and he knows how to 4wheel, he wouldn't need an expensive winch?
I would think a better built Jeep would lead to trying harder trails, which in turn would lead to a greater chance of getting stuck harder, which would make you want the confidence associated with a better winch.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #90627
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I started off with the plan to just change oil but I noticed that my rear wheel was covered in rear end oil so I picked up an axle seal and went to work. It all went down hill from there. When removing the seal I messed up the bearing and had to go back and get a new bearing. When I tried to put the new bearing in it broke. I ended up going through a couple before I got it installed. The cool part is that the final bearing that worked was made by my dad at Koyo. Now I gotta change the oil and fix the parking break.
DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #90628
tdavid14
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Maybe it was his first winch, and he's just sentimental...
tdavid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #90629
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went with the TAMOR club to Hidden Falls Adventure Park today had a pretty good time except I cracked my hardtop and hit the driver side corner on a ledge.

Unread 11-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #90630
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

↑ that sucks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.