What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6041 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJ

Unread 11-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #90601
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ View Post
I finally got around to spraying my frame with the Eastwood stuff. Hopefully the stuff works.

I also ordered a new exhaust system. Mine is still original and coming up on 14 years old. My muffler has been battered to death on Raush Creek rocks, has rusted through holes in it, and all the hooks rusted away years ago. I noticed that the tailpipe on the replacment hangs low and sticks out the back pretty far so I also ordered a turn down pipe to swap in before going wheeling.
Did you keep your OEM 2 piece exhaust manifold?

IMO a turn-out tailpipe is better than a turn-down tailpipe... HTH

Unread 11-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #90602
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Did you keep your OEM 2 piece exhaust manifold?

IMO a turn-out tailpipe is better than a turn-down tailpipe... HTH

The new exhaust hasn't shown up yet so I still have the rusted OEM stuff. I think the picture you showed might work though. The turn down I ordered would exit just past the muffler and still be above the bottom of the frame. I never wheel with all the windows in so it'd be an offroad only setup. The entire section that goes over the axle would be left at home. I think even the onroad setup will need the tailpipe cut to keep it from looking stupid. I don't run a bumper on the back so there's less space. The bumper just got hung up on rocks.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #90603
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ View Post
The new exhaust hasn't shown up yet so I still have the rusted OEM stuff. I think the picture you showed might work though. The turn down I ordered would exit just past the muffler and still be above the bottom of the frame. I never wheel with all the windows in so it'd be an offroad only setup. The entire section that goes over the axle would be left at home. I think even the onroad setup will need the tailpipe cut to keep it from looking stupid. I don't run a bumper on the back so there's less space. The bumper just got hung up on rocks.
Doing a turn-down just after the muffler can be annoying with noise (for you) and kicking up dust for the people behind you on the trail. I put that turn-out on many years ago and I sure do like it... IMO
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #90604
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Doing a turn-down just after the muffler can be annoying with noise (for you) and kicking up dust for the people behind you on the trail. I put that turn-out on many years ago and I sure do like it... IMO
I thought of that, but there isn't a lot of dust here on the east coast where I wheel. I'll wheel, test, modify and repeat. I like your idea though. It just has to be changeable for street to offroad. I want it to exit behind the tub on street but not worried about it offroad.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #90605
ActionJackson00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Now I'm having serious starter issues... but I can't seem to find any information about anyone having a similar issue. I've heard the typical click and/or grinding noises when dealing with a starter issue, but mine is drastically different. It makes a noise that's really hard to describe. I guess it sounds like something is spinning and not catching, but there's no clicking. It's almost an electrical noise. My battery is new, and I'm certain it's not an issue with my battery. I don't have a multimeter or anything, but has anyone heard this scenario before? Is it safe to assume it's an issue with the starter and that I'm not going to be wasting my money if I pick one up and install? Never done a starter in a TJ. Easy to access?
This sounds just like the issue I had a few weeks ago. To me it sounded like the starter wasn't strong enough to spin the engine fast enough to start. It would turn over a few times then just stop. The fix was to replace the starter. Just need the star bit ratchet head.
ActionJackson00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #90606
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got my RE adjustable upper control arms in, and set for my current driveshaft. They went it fairly easy; and didnt have ANY issues with any of the bolts (I was sure I was though!). No more thunking, vibration, or wandering!

Then, looked at my new SYE kit and driveshaft sitting on the shelf...
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #90607
VAJeep87
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yesterday
Went hunting, found some mud, got dirty. Didn't kill anything, but a good day none the less.
VAJeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #90608
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen
Dude, I feel for ya, people keep jacking with my rig at school... I swear I'm gonna hook my battery up to the body one of these days.
Topless jeep during the summer are chick magnets, especially near colleges/university or if you're near a large body of water, or beach.
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #90609
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0
Didn't mean to offend, but it's not exactly the top of the line. Just seems to me that if you've already spent that much time and money, why skimp there? Sent from my TJ
If the guys jeep is built well, and he knows how to 4wheel, he wouldn't need an expensive winch?
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #90610
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well i spent about 10 hours putting in my Zone bb... broke all 4 rear upper shock mount bolts.. : I drilled out the bolts and put some new ones in buts its going to the shop this morning cause i am not so sure about it. hopefully they can fix it up nice for me...
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #90611
JStMarie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Strapped on the plow last night to move it to make way for wood pellets. Strapped on the trailer today to fetch those pellets. Winters coming, time to get busy.
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #90612
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStMarie View Post
Strapped on the plow last night to move it to make way for wood pellets. Strapped on the trailer today to fetch those pellets. Winters coming, time to get busy.
So the plow is on the jeep? How good does it work? I have been looking for a plow for mine as I do snow removal.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #90613
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post
So the plow is on the jeep? How good does it work? I have been looking for a plow for mine as I do snow removal.
Speaking of snow plows...

I saw this one at a local Walmart. Also a comparison shot with mine on the left.

irnmadn88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #90614
SummerOf95
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Re-examined my front suspension.
When I bought my TJ, I noticed the front end was nearly touching the bumpstops. I figured the springs had sagged with age, and added them to the list of things to fix "someday."
Looking at it now, and looking at other's pictures on JF, I think this thing has 3-inch bumpstop extensions. Seems a little excessive.
Now I just need to figure out how the hell to take them off.

And not today, but very recently:
  • Replaced my gas cap with a used stock one. No more CE light!
  • Installed a Daystar 1" BL (Took two days. WHAT A PAIN!)
  • Realized I'll probably never get my engine-mount bolts out and thusly threw my JKS lift onto my pile of other random jeep parts.

Also wishing I had a hard top so I could do some cold-weather off-roading without putting a tree through my window.
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #90615
JStMarie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post

Plow is a Homesteader. Works awesome. I've got very long driveway that bends around the back of the barn and that's all I plow with it for the most part.
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.